1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
i usually pay 10. 15 tops

·
Registered
178 Posts
$25 is the going rate around here, if you can find someone to do it. Several of the gun stores won't do transfers on items they stock themselves.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
40 at one 25 at another.

·
Registered
262 Posts
$20 rifle, $25 handgun

I went to a C3 dealer a few months ago about a C3 transfer for a SBR I bought. Just to do the transfer from an Ohio C3 to this guy - he wanted $200. I told him I would send the $200 check to the ATF when I sent my form 4 in and he said ok, but he meant he needed $200 from me as a "transfer fee". Ridiculous.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
$50 to $75. I hate California.
Wow, that sucks. I wouldn't be surprised if I have to pay about the same here... someone already told me to count on paying around $50. I thought he was crazy.

I'm weighing my options on a new FNP-45, and some of the auctions I've been seeing are pretty tempting. Cheapest I've seen locally is $585 before tax, and it's an hour drive each way and two separate trips.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
262 Posts
raggededge said:
$50 to $75. I hate California.
Wow, that sucks. I wouldn't be surprised if I have to pay about the same here... someone already told me to count on paying around $50. I thought he was crazy.

I'm weighing my options on a new FNP-45, and some of the auctions I've been seeing are pretty tempting. Cheapest I've seen locally is $585 before tax, and it's an hour drive each way and two separate trips.

Thanks for the replies.
I just read a good review of the FNP-45 and its on my short list. If you end up getting one, please post a review. Good luck!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dumapus said:
I just read a good review of the FNP-45 and its on my short list. If you end up getting one, please post a review. Good luck!
Will do! The plan right now is to wait to sell my project car before buying any more toys, but I'm not sure how long that'll take. Every day it doesn't sell I come up with another reason to keep it, so I might end up just buying the gun anyway.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
ouch, 85!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I went to the local gun shop today, $50 for the transfer fee. With CDNN's price, I'm still going to come out ahead and not have to make that hour drive, but I was hoping for a bit smaller fee.

I really wish there were more shops around here. This one is only open three days a week and very few hours. The only other one that I'd consider local is run by the poster child for proper ear protection at the range, and is pretty difficult to deal with. :-? I might wander over there to talk (yell) to him, but I doubt it's going to be any less.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
CDNN has some awsome prices on guns thats for sure!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts