FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says. Debating on selling/trading my fnp-45 tactical for and HK45 ct. The biggest reason is I want something a little more CCW. I owned a USP 45 in the past and loved the pistol and don't get me wrong I also love my fnp and honestly one of my favorite pistols to shoot but the thing is a tank. What is your guys opinion on the 45ct? I do own a suppressor btw and part of the reason I want the tactical model. I also own the 57 and an m&p pro series but both are bigger the the hk. Would I be stupid for getting rid of my fnp? I have handled the HK and fits great in my hand and the research I have done, everyone says the ct shoots as good if not better than the full size. So any opinions would help and thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
You would not be making a bad decision. The hk45c is a exceptional handgun. Reliability and build quality is of the highest in the industry. It will be a lil snappier then your fnp but for cc it is a lot smaller. Then down the road you can get a fnx45t. As long as the hk has not sucked you into the fullsize hk45t. A suggestion would be is get the m&p45c for cc carry and keep your fnp. It is half the cost of the hk and conceals a lil better. I think the hk is ahead of the m&p but the smith is still a nice option.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I love my 45CT. Factory threading is 16x1LH.
I was planning on getting the FN45T but decided not to. For half the cost I was going to get the Glock 21.

Then decided against that and ordered a Glock 41. Add threaded barrel and I'll still have money left over so I ordered another .45 suppressor. I have no plans to mount a red dot on a pistol so there was no reason for me to shell out for the FN45T. A new piston would run me another $100 too.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
I actually agree the red dot is not that great on there. I like the FHP/X Tac..I am also thinking of selling and getting an HK45ct..

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
G21, HK45CT, and a couple of FNX45-T's here. All to large for concealed carry.

For CC, theG19 and I'm looking hard at the P239.

For the back up, a little S&W Airweight. (It beats throwin' hands)

-SS

·
Registered
150 Posts
My HK45C is my daily carry in a Sparks VM2 when I can wear jeans and at least a heavy t-shirt. The non-abrasive grip and smoothed edges make it a great carry piece. Now that it's hitting 100 in PHX I am in lighter clothes (especially boardshorts and light tshirts on weekends) my new S&W 442 is my daily carry.

I *love* my HK45C. I would highly recommend one. I can't tell you if you should trade in another weapon or not. Only you can make that decision, but I wholeheartedly recommend the HK45C(T).

·
Registered
415 Posts
My HK45CT is one of my off duty carry weapons. It's not compact by any means. It's basically the same size as my duty weapon (Glock 31).

I thought about getting the FNX45T for a hicap .45, but I couldn't justify the cost. I was going to get a gen4 Glock 21 then and decided that since I wasn't going to carry it, I just ordered the Glock 41. Now I'm hoping someone makes a threaded barrel for it. That's going to be a honking big .45 with a suppressor on it.

HK45CT w/ACW Triad Ti (from the HK photo thread, my tax stamp should be here soon so I can take new pics)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts