FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing earth-shattering here, just a pleasant range visit. I realized that with all the other guns I'd bought in the last couple of years and everything else going on I hadn't had the FS2000 out to the range in almost five years. It was unusually warm for this time of year—90°F even at 7PM—but that kept the blackflies away. Took a few rounds to get used to the trigger, but it soon came back. A great way to end a Monday.

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
That FS2K has a very loud trigger reset either that or the camera has a very sensitive microphone. I sweart'ya I could hear the reset from my neighbors backyard...🤫

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was loud, wasn't it? :) I've owned a few FS2000s and this sounds about the same as those. I'm thinking that the mic's gain was probably automatically decreased with the loudness of the shot, but maybe rebounded back too far. I've noticed the effect in videos I've taken with the same camera with other guns, too.

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
It was loud, wasn't it? :) I've owned a few FS2000s and this sounds about the same as those. I'm thinking that the mic's gain was probably automatically decreased with the loudness of the shot, but maybe rebounded back too far. I've noticed the effect in videos I've taken with the same camera with other guns, too.
It's a perfect reset for someone hard of hearing like myself that's for sure.

90° at 7pm, that reads like South Florida weather hopefully the humidity wasn't oppressively disgusting...

Good video, thanks for sharing... (y)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ow my the fs2000! One of my favorites! I have 2 of them and will be suppressing one of them with a decreased gas jet. The FS is definitely the most accurate bullpen I've ever shot.
I wish FN would come out with a FS2000 gen 2. It would have a bolt hold open, wipes in the magwell to be able to accept Lancer, p mags, etc. It would be shaped slightly different to accept a surefire 60 round magazine. It would have a much nicer trigger and some MLOK attachments.
I can dream right? Anyway, awesome post dude of a badass weapon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts