FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at the "Locate the Cartographer" level, and I'm fighting the Scarab that has the blue force field inside. My problem is that I can't blast thru the force field. I've used grenades, laser, battle rifle, and made more than one trip in with a fresh load of ammo. The field just ignores me. What am I doing wrong? :cry:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Hit the off button, grab your rifle and ammo and go to the range. Hope this helps.:D

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish I could, I'm at work. I was playing it last night.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
You might be trying to blow up the wrong thing if I remember correctly. It's been a while since I played, but I thought that there was a glowing cylinder thing on the bottom level near the rear turret and that is what needs to be destroyed. I'm not 100% about this since it has been 6+ months since I played it last.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm using a scorpion to take out one or two of the legs, then hop up on the back of the machine, go in thru a doorway, go down a ramp, turn around and face the blue energy barrier. That is what I'm trying to get thru.

Maybe I have to take out all four legs instead of just one or two?

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
No, sounds like you are doing it right. I know guys that get on it without damaging any legs.

You need to throw the grenades so they land behind the shield for maximum effect.

I have already damaged two legs and killed the scarab using the tank cannon if you can get behind it quick enough and ange the round inside just right.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How can I throw the grenades behind the barrier?

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Texas Armadillo said:
How can I throw the grenades behind the barrier?
Well, just don't let them hit the shield thingy and bounce out of the area. Get them to stick or land blow it where the edge is, doing more damage to the equipment behind.

I don't recall this being a problem at all, lol. You have LIVE and playing on XBOX 360?

Send a note to gamertag ICK, we can do a quick co-op of the level if you want.

East Coast Time I should be on after 9ish, I will send a reply.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
djv38 said:
You might be trying to blow up the wrong thing if I remember correctly. It's been a while since I played, but I thought that there was a glowing cylinder thing on the bottom level near the rear turret and that is what needs to be destroyed. I'm not 100% about this since it has been 6+ months since I played it last.
You were right. I was trying to breach the rectangular field. I took the gun/laser mount from the scarabs side and blasted thru the round blue field. It was easy. What was the significance of the 117 scratch on the monument at the end?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Holy crap, people still play halo 3?! LOL. TA, i didn't know you played games....We should have a FN clan on live!! :?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Master Chief is Spartan 117 (the 117 genetically enhanced human under the code name Spartan or something like that).

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
iCeMaN said:
Holy crap, people still play halo 3?! LOL. TA, i didn't know you played games....We should have a FN clan on live!! :?
Make it COD4 and I'm in.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I haven't played that in a while either but i was really l33t :?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts