FN Herstal Firearms banner
481 - 500 of 535 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
With all the dye jobs going on these days it's tough to tell. I'm certainly no expert. I suck at being able to see if the hammer is caught on the notch or not with it back like that, also if you had some pics of the interior with the hammer forward I could see the hammer sear and say for sure if it's a gen 3 or not. Either way, with a new hammer from a Styer Aug or one of the nicer aluminum ones and a bit of dremel work on the hammer sear you can make even a Gen 3 work just like the others.

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK, ill try and take some different pictures in the morning. Selling my PS90, fairly certain it originally came with the grey pack, but don't remember where I bought the black one from and probably will need to sell it as well since I wont have a PS90 anymore lol. In the pics, the black was caught on the notch and the rear sear, the grey was just caught on the rear sear. Either way I will see what pics I can get tomorrow.

Thanks

·
Registered
509 Posts

·
Administrator
12,297 Posts
They look to be but I would have to see the bottom of the front sear. If it has a post for the spring to sit in, then it could be a Gen 1 Pack. If it has a shelf for the spring to slide on, then it is a Gen 2.

Ask for pictures of the bottom of the front sear.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The front sears I've seen are black looking to me, is that common? Is there any difference in the od green sear and the black one?
There are several different colors of the front sear.
FN made a run of packs with different color parts that kind of changed things.

Do you think the color difference is because they outsource parts from different manufacturers? Does FN outsource parts, or do they do all of their parts manufacturing in-house?

·
Registered
509 Posts
As far as I have heard FN does all parts in house.
The different colors are likely to come from parts from other firearms (AUG) or other models (select fire packs). You also have a handful of people reproducing the parts now. Older models could have been the same as above or possibly left over development parts (this is just my guess)

·
Administrator
12,297 Posts
Hey folks, can someone please confirm if this trigger pack is Gen 3? I think it is, but I am new to the PS90 and want to be sure before purchase.

https://imgur.com/a/5gsxn74

Thank you all very much.
Generation 3. You can tell by the higher cut notch on the hammer that engages the auto sear. Gen 1 and Gen 2 hammers will engage the auto sear when the hammer is in the rearward (cocked) position.

481 - 500 of 535 Posts