FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mount a Surfire G3L in my handguard. I want it to go all the way through so the tail cap extends into the trigger area si I can activate it from there.

My Surefire should arrive on 1/30. I already cut the front and inside hole. Leaving the back for when I have the G3L, so I can make sure I get it right.

I haven't seen this. Anyone try? I don't want to deal with a tape switch.

I'll post pics when it done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, It works fine. I had to make the front hole bigger than the cut out so I coud seat the light far enough back.

The main issues is that the tail cap is not click on/off, instead it a momentary on. For perminate on you have to twist the tail cap clock wise a little and that is a little bit difficult. I have to use my off hand thumb and pointer finger to turn it. I would be easire if I made the reat whole a bit bigger. Of course a replacement "clicky" cap would be the easy fix.

The Surefire G3 (G3 LED in my case) is one Long enough at 6.5" to make this type of set up possible. If you could find an LED (I say LED for much greater run time) that is between 6.5" to 7" with a clicky cap, that may be a better option as the Surfire upgrade cap is about $30.

The short profile and light make this a great "bump in teh night" home defense rifle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts