FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and after doing some research, I have noticed that HANDL doesn't have quite the best reputation here...I am not familiar with what happened in the past. I just want to mod my 17s a little...

Fast barrel swap does not concern me...
Durability does not concern me much ( I will not be banging brick walls with my SCAR intentionally)..

I am interested in the weight savings with the rail extension and how well the fit is.

Has anyone on here actually purchased one and installed it?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Want my opinion??

Midwest industries keymod or mlok rail. If uou wait a bit they are releasing an extended rail a scootch shorter than what is offered now around gas block length from what iv read.

Known high quality durable and exacying fit with steller customer service.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check out the search function and you will find everything you need on the company and product in question. Good luck.
I did try the search function and it was hard to wade through all the fluff to actually find information. Do you have one installed?

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
I did try the search function and it was hard to wade through all the fluff to actually find information. Do you have one installed?
No one on here has one yet. And if someone does, it hasn't been posted here.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
No one on here has one yet. And if someone does, it hasn't been posted here.
The handguard might actually turn out to be a decent piece, what I heard was Handle contracted Lancer to make it so it's not a piece handle has a hand in the production of. :?

My thing is I'm just not wanting to loose the QD feature of the SCAR barrels so I'm sitting back and watching what all come out first before I commit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Want my opinion??

Midwest industries keymod or mlok rail. If uou wait a bit they are releasing an extended rail a scootch shorter than what is offered now around gas block length from what iv read.

Known high quality durable and exacying fit with steller customer service.

I'm looking for the same thing as the OP, and I can't seem to find the information anywhere. The MI options are great, I've seen them in person and the fit and finish is awesome, but it doesn't fit my needs. From what I gather, the shorter model they will be releasing is still heavier than the longest rail that HANDL makes. Once my local FFL is set up as a dealer with HANDL to order directly, I'll be getting mine on the first shipment.

I've searched and there are a few threads that mention the new HANDL rail, but no one has it and if they do, they haven't stated an opinion yet. From people that have gone to SHOT, it seems like their new products have STELLAR fit and finish (as all Lancer parts) and the design seems well thought out. I guess I'l find out eventually.

Jerry

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
The handguard might actually turn out to be a decent piece, what I heard was Handle contracted Lancer to make it so it's not a piece handle has a hand in the production of. :?

My thing is I'm just not wanting to loose the QD feature of the SCAR barrels so I'm sitting back and watching what all come out first before I commit.
I totally agree. I'm very intrigued by this piece as well as the KDG rail.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
I totally agree. I'm very intrigued by this piece as well as the KDG rail.
The Midwest Ind M-Lok SOCOM or the KDG short has my attention but I'm hung up on not loosing the QD. :wink:

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Handl rail was a feature on the wall of the Lancer booth at SHOT, so fit and finish should be really nice. Looked good and felt light, but not as slim as the KDG MREX.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
The Midwest Ind M-Lok SOCOM or the KDG short has my attention but I'm hung up on not loosing the QD. :wink:
Ah yes, the M-lok as well. I feel like there have been so many threads about rails lately that Im forgetting all the options. M-Lok is definitely a great option as well. Im glad I didn't commit the the FN or PWS rail in the past and held out. Granted, I still want that damn Tango Down rail that never came to fruition.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The mi rail is two extra screws.

But the scar isnt really a qd as you need to properly torque it back. I consider more of a detachable barrel as there is not much in the way of quick about it. Other than putting rails on ive taken the barrel off twice for cleaning so far. When i got to get all the packing junk off and begining ofvthe month for a good cleaning. Prolly clean it next january when the snow is falling heh

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, thanks for the input everyone. I wasn't even thinking about doing stuff like this to my SCAR, but after seeing some of the extended rails, it got me interested. The main reason I like the 17s so much is the weight, it is just amazingly light for a .308 platform and I don't want to lose that.

So have we heard when these are actually going to ship????

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I received an email from HANDL today saying they have a few in stock and could get one painted and out within a week...I think I am about to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have actually ordered one...Std 17s rail in FDE....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys new scar 17 owner and new to the thread I've been eying the AFR for a few weeks thinking about pulling the trigger are you doing the install yourself Id like to hear your thoughts and how it goes

1 - 20 of 45 Posts