FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long search, I finally decided that I will purchase a FNP-9 (I almost bought a Ruger SR9). So now I have to decide between a black polymer frame or dark earth. In some pictures, the dark earth (tan) seems to give the gun a cheap plastic look. In other pics, it looks great! I haven't seen one with the earth color in person, so I don't know if the color cheapens the look. Can anyone convince me it's worth getting, or should I be conservative and choose black... I know, silly question, but I value your opinions before I spend the money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,553 Posts
Well, first off, the only FDE one's are USG versions to my knowledge, so if you want decock only and no safety, you'll end up with the black.

I have one, and I don't think it makes it look cheap. I like the color personally. Although, you do have to do a little more scrubbing around the muzzle to clean it good and make it look decent, but I don't mind. It was my first pistol and the color really helped me figure out where it needed cleaning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,553 Posts
shootin4fun said:
djv38 said:
Well, first off, the only FDE one's are USG versions to my knowledge, so if you want decock only and no safety, you'll end up with the black.
That doesn't appear to be true any longer: Black on black FNP-9 USG. Does it exist?
I know the black USG's and stainless USG's are out there, but I haven't heard of anyone getting the FDE with just the decocking lever. As far as I know, the standard FNP 9's are only all black and stainless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,605 Posts
I think if I were to buy another FNP, I would go with the FDE just because it's different and cool looking. What would be super cool is if they would make the slide FDE like they do with the military model FNP-45 we've seen pics of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,559 Posts
B52U said:
I think if I were to buy another FNP, I would go with the FDE just because it's different and cool looking. What would be super cool is if they would make the slide FDE like they do with the military model FNP-45 we've seen pics of.
:? :? :? :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
FDE is the new black. Of course, the old black has lot going for it if you don't spend a lot of time in the sand.

You can always Duracoat the slide to match. If so send pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,553 Posts
JoeFriday said:
FDE is the new black. Of course, the old black has lot going for it if you don't spend a lot of time in the sand.

You can always Duracoat the slide to match. If so send pics.
I'm really tempted to do that to my 9, but I think I want another one before I commit :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
I kind of like the FDE color myself -- appeals to the 11B guy I used to be. In fact I probably would have purchased the FNP-40 in FDE, but they didn't have one on the shelf. I bought the all black because I wouldn't have to wait for my pistol. It seems that when the FN bug hits you, you have to buy, and buy fast! :-D
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top