FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I like the tacti-cool look of the Five-seveN, and especially the IOM (which is on it's way to me). I have been thinking that it would look ESPECIALLY sweet with a hard chromed slide for that two-tone look. I just can't decide if I want the standard hard chrome (looks polished), brushed, or matte. Has anyone done or considered this with their Five-seveN?

Here's a pic of Sig for comparison.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
You cannot hard chrome the Five Seven - the slide is polymer covered. Sorry.

You could only duracoat it. That would be your only option.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:cry:

I may look into the duracoat option. Hard Corps, here I come...

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Yep - FYI too - You cannot hard chrome alloy frames, unless you get them nickel plated first. SOme places will do it (like a Beretta 92), and some will not. I would be wary of doing that - as you are then putting 2 layers on the gun - and possibly changing the tolerances. However, NP3 is a good choice for alloy frames.

Once again, though, you can't NP3 polymer. If you duracoat it, let us see it. I don't remember ever seeing a duracoated Five Seven before.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ShipWreck said:
Yep - FYI too - You cannot hard chrome alloy frames, unless you get them nickel plated first. SOme places will do it (like a Beretta 92), and some will not. I would be wary of doing that - as you are then putting 2 layers on the gun - and possibly changing the tolerances. However, NP3 is a good choice for alloy frames.

Once again, though, you can't NP3 polymer. If you duracoat it, let us see it. I don't remember ever seeing a duracoated Five Seven before.
I really don't want to alter anything but the slide, so I'm gonna see what I might like from Hard Corps. Thanks for the info, though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts