FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just took my new fns 9 to the range today, and I love the way this gun shoots. My only concern is that the slide stop is really hard to manipulate, especially from the left side. Is this normal? should I contact fn and tell them of the concern? or will this get better with time and usage? any info will be helpful.thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had the same issue with my fns 40. When I release the slide on the left side of the gun it releases easily but when I try to do the same thing on the right side of the gun (which I often try since I shoot lefty) it won't release without me actually pulling the slide back to release it. I press as hard as I can but it will not release but the opposite side releases fairly easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
FNX has a tiny slide stop, so if you've got fat fingers then yeah it's normal. If you rely on it for slide release then I recommend watching this:

Reactions: divemaster03

·
Registered
64 Posts
My FNS 9 was the same way. If you rack the slide and lock it back open you may notice one side of the slide stop contacts the slide and the other side does not. I thought this was a major problem, but just kept working it and shooting it and everything has smoothed out nicely. My slide stop releases the slide just fine from either side and I have had no need to use the sling shot method.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts