FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone....newbie with the PS90. Quick question has anyone installed the Nitro Vo quad rail on their PS90? And what modifications had to be made to get it to fit. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info....

Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
980 Posts
The Nitro Vo attaches to an airsoft by clamping to the barrel. The clamp won't fit over the barrel of a PS90.

The Nitro VO attaches to an airsoft by screwing into two aluminum blocks which come with the kit and are placed in the holes on the airsoft receiver. The aluminum blocks don't fit into holes on the real receiver.

The real barrel reciprocates when firing.- You don't want the rail attached to it.

The mag parts job isn't a very reliable system.

There is no easy way to make a solid connection.

IMHO The best solution is to cut a piece of steel to fit inside and flush with the top rear of the rail. Affix this custom plate into the rail with screws and epoxy. Weld or apoxy this to the receiver. (doesn't work with curved receiver of the tri-rail)

The square holes can be filled with a two part acrylic resin or epoxy putty. You can drill a pilot into this material and run screws into the pilot to further affix the rail.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Yea, you can mount a forward grip and more lights and lasers :twisted:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
To each is own :D

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I got one of the nitros for about $40 on ebay. I use some resin for the blocks, took the rails off and I use it as a barrel shroud. It fits tight enough to use a small tac light but I would not want to used any thing I could not live with out on it. It's not heavy and it looks better than a fake can or /skinny long barrel.(IMO)
(note; It's not attached right now but you get the idea! :? )

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Nah I'm not a fan. It doesn't look good to me, nor would I want a foregrip etc.. The side rails are about the only 'mod' I'll be using. my 2 cents.

G

·
To each their own, It speaks for itself. This particular gun had a custom setup and the rail unit was mounted just as securely as a side rail. Rock solid! I personally recommend using it with the pictured faux suppressor.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Agreed MP, if you like it then to hell with what others think.

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Defeats the purpose of the original design. Adds weight and bulkiness to the weapon. It's a 200 yard gun (max effective range) and once you add all that stuff, you're at the AR 15 weight range with a weapon that falls short of the AR 15's capability.

Here it comes... :D

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

G

·
There are quite a bit of people who can't SBR the gun due to state laws and CLEOs who aren't familiar with the law.

If you can't make it small, might as well make it "cool". I've got more than 100x more feedback and positive 'props' on that than any other gun I own including the suppressed SBR. Haven't met a single person who doesn't like it. It's 10x better in person too 8)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Not really my cup of tea either. Doesn't it also kind of get in the way of the charging handle?

The P90 needs to be small & light. I personally hate all the bulk up front, makes it front heavy, & harder to keep on target. This is why I hate the AR57, to much front end weight. Hell after shooting a P90 for so long, I also hate the long barrel of the PS90, it gets in the way, & the extra 3in for the flash hider just bothers me so much....

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
s4mur41h4x0r said:
I am not a fan either, it ruins the look of the ps90.
Agreed. The "cool" factor is in the gun itself. Adding 5 pounds or more of "accessories" to impress onlookers at a range??? Onlookers would be more impressed with the operator shooting a small group on target rather than demonstrating the various gadgets on the gun. This is one area that style over substance doesn't rule.

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

·
Registered
534 Posts
P90 Mike said:
Not really my cup of tea either. Doesn't it also kind of get in the way of the charging handle?

The P90 needs to be small & light. I personally hate all the bulk up front, makes it front heavy, & harder to keep on target. This is why I hate the AR57, to much front end weight. Hell after shooting a P90 for so long, I also hate the long barrel of the PS90, it gets in the way, & the extra 3in for the flash hider just bothers me so much....
someone needs to go to the gym and workout :-D

Just kidding

·
Registered
129 Posts
CatMostFeared said:
someone needs to go to the gym and workout :-D

Just kidding
I'm going shooting today, that will take care of it. :x

ok, here is the deal, with my sling, the P90 falls right in front of me, & is ready to go. On the PS90, the longer barrel, & flash hider, hit me right in the Man Parts, that hurts!!! :???:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts