FN Herstal Firearms banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Well technically you wouldnt "destroy" your entire rifle, just the the polymer lower. As to removing the rubberized material, this is not neccessary. You only want to remove the polymer area that interfaces with the grip tang. There are threads with pics and instructions on this site and others.
No, I get it. I busted out the calipers and took measurements. You could avoid modding the lower, but by the time you got done removing material from that portion of the grip (in order to get it to seat properly) it would likely become a failure point (unless you reinforce it from the inside using a resin or fiberglass). In the end, modifying the lower really is the *only* real option, unfortunately. I appreciate everyone's feedback.

Cutting the lower is a simple task, but I was hoping to avoid it, over concerns of possibly voiding the factory warranty.

What a horrible oversight on FN's part.

I believe that when sarge does them he only removes material from the grip. I could be wrong but I don't think that he has reported any failures. His stuff takes a lot more abuse than ours ever will especially when he runs FA.

Yes you can definitely modify MOE+ grips to fit, I have them on both my 16 and 17 without any issues. It just takes a little patients and careful attention to detail when removing grip material. I used a dremel and a flat metal file to get the job done. I would post pictures but I don't have any recent ones.
Would love to see some pics with the MOE+ installed!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.