FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated, who has one? I just ordered one for my 17. I needed a grip that could use my CR123 insert. I feel the need to have spare batts. for the surefire light. Any thoughts?

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Registered
482 Posts
My buddy just put one on says helps keep the gun straighter with the extra room for the thumb. I will shoot it tomorrow I'll let you know how it is.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was not impressed. Has a cheep plastic feel. Plus, the fit was not that great. I had to do some sanding to get it to fit on an AR pistol with mil spec lower. Also, the area where it mates up with the trigger guard. That stupid gap is back. And that's with one of their trigger guards installed.

Still need to shoot it though. With some light shooting gloves, it may feel better.

-MG

·
Registered
135 Posts
i've got one on my most recent ar built and it greatly alleviates the torque on my wrist. i've not made one fit a scar since my attempt with a miad but its starting to grow on me to make one fit. yes its only a plastic but i'm not a fan of the overmold stuff and this works great for me. got 2 on order for my other ARs including my A4rogery. even with the length of pull the angle is much better. the new texture is better than the old moe and the miad in my preference. i'll attempt to post a couple of pics when i get back home but there is a couple of vids of them on youtube including a good review and comparison on mrgunsngear's channel.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
IMG_2734.jpg IMG_2735.jpg IMG_2736.jpg IMG_2737.jpg

So what a pain in the ass. I am really tired of "sculpting" grips to fit the SCAR. So it is way better for wrist angle. Feels as solid as the MIAD did. New grip pattern is interesting, seems like it should stay "grippy". The CR123 core wouldnt fit with the star washer, it hit the head of the Allan screw and wouldnt lock in. I like it, maybe I will get time to shoot it before I have to lose it before April 15.

Reactions: Talhoffer

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have one on a SBR. Works well with body armor, but I've gotten use to the "regular" angle MIADs. I like the grip texture. It is a MOE. I haven't put one on the SCAR yet, but I did the frame mod, so it should fit fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I tried one in my trimmed 17s. Still had to dremel the backstrap of course. The grip fit well then. It is a little small for me. I actually prefer the Umbrella Corp grip on guns I shoot squared up.

On the 17s I settled on the Ergo Tactical which is big enough and has a similar straighter grip angle.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
View attachment 21820 View attachment 21824 View attachment 21825 View attachment 21823

So what a pain in the ass. I am really tired of "sculpting" grips to fit the SCAR. So it is way better for wrist angle. Feels as solid as the MIAD did. New grip pattern is interesting, seems like it should stay "grippy". The CR123 core wouldnt fit with the star washer, it hit the head of the Allan screw and wouldnt lock in. I like it, maybe I will get time to shoot it before I have to lose it before April 15.
Hey C,

Did you buzz down the back strap as well? Also, do you have to file the tiny slope on the trigger guard side of the grip before the tang contact surface? Hope that made sense.

I am about to try and fit an MOE+. I'm just wondering how to avoid filing the slope while getting to the flat area that contacts the tang.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I filed down the tang on the lower before. I had to grind down (sculpt) the high back strap on this grip.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I tried the K2 and I liked it, but I like this one that I got a few days ago more. Right now it is on my AR, my 17s will either get one of these or the Scar Ergo Tactical grip. It just comes down to your hand size and your personal preference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts