FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
biggest reason a 5.7 isn't my daily carry (at night) is the lack of night-sights.
I've seen the Tooltech is putting on....seem OK, but they're not trijicon HD night sights (which, IMO, is the gold standard for night sights).
so...what is everyone's suggestion for:
  1. best night sights...where are they and how can I get them done? any chance there's someone in AZ? I HATE having to ship guns out of state just to get a night sight done
  2. where to get a threaded barrel and which suppressor works best on 5.7? Ideally, given the size of gun, etc...would seem that a smaller/shorter suppressor would be ideal if it worked.
  3. I'm willing to send out my guns (1 at a time) where ideally ALL the work can be done at same place/time....quality night sights...and threaded barrel.
Thanks in advance.

like someone else wrote on their posts...new to forum, not new to FN. have many rifles and handguns from FN, all are exceptional.

CJ in AZ

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Jarvis is my 1st choice but efk also makes one. They are pricy 350-400 . You can get your stock one threaded at tornsdo tech for 200. I have a sparrow and it works but is heavy. I have a tacsol aciom in jail that I bought for my 57. If you won't be moving your can a gemtech 57 would be my first choice

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks...it would be dedicated to one of my FiveSevens....I have a Gemtech for a 9mm...but can't recall the model #....been very happy with it...have moved to a few 9s....but good can. thanks again.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why not hire Tornado Tech to modify/thread existing FACTORY barrel?

seems like the best FN 5.7 barrel will always be their factory one
if this company can thread an existing factory barrel, then why not go with them?

just asking....seems like a good/better option? please enlighten me if i'm off base and/or missing something (wouldn't be the first time!)
:)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry, you were one person that DID mention tornado tech...but didn't seem to endorse it....but you did mention it. thanks
can the GEMTECH 57 be used on the PS90 also? and,if so, who would thread that barrel for you (can you get it done by same company that somoene on forum told me you can use to shorten the PS90 barrel?

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
sorry, you were one person that DID mention tornado tech...but didn't seem to endorse it....but you did mention it. thanks
can the GEMTECH 57 be used on the PS90 also? and,if so, who would thread that barrel for you (can you get it done by same company that somoene on forum told me you can use to shorten the PS90 barrel?
You might want to keep your questions about the FsN and PS separated as you've started another thread with the PS questions in it.

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
I have the Jarvis barrel. It was pricy, and there was a bit of a wait, but the quality is solid and I have no regrets getting it. I haven't had the chance to shoot suppressed yet, though. I have a Spectre II pending which I should have about this time next month (hopefully). I did need to pick up an adapter to mate the Jarvis to the Spectre.

The Axiom also looks to be a good choice and I intend to get one...once I claw out of gun-related poverty.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
seems like the best FN 5.7 barrel will always be their factory one
if this company can thread an existing factory barrel, then why not go with them?

just asking....seems like a good/better option? please enlighten me if i'm off base and/or missing something (wouldn't be the first time!)

Not a bad option but the barrel is threaded by welding a extension on it. jarvis and efk rifling goes all the way to thr end of the barrel. Tornado tech does the threading in runs so it could take a while. On the other hand jarvis and efk take forever to order as well (6+ months) pretty much you will have to wait. I bought a jarvis barrel because I like having the stock non threaded barrel as well as a threaded one. up to you what you want to do

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
aha....very interesting....well, guess I'd make this 5.7 (if I went with tornado option) a dedicated suppressor gun and leave my factory barrels alone on other 5.7s....luxury options/choices I guess.
thanks again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.