FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL I just looked on gun broker to see if there were any there and yes they are there but be ready to spend more then $6000!!! I'll bet the dealers are happy with Obama today!

·
Registered
4,907 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are 6 or 7 at that price range right now on gunbroker!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bet you see them in the spring for under $2500. Those guys are gonna feel so stupid. $6000 for god's sake!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Correct prices people are willing to put out for this first run of civis are quite outrages but keeping in mind possibilities that our rights to these types of arms will be stripped I do understand. Just imagine if the bans do come into effect then whoever owns one of these first run civi SCARs surely has a collectors piece to treasure.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Wild Bill said:
Bet you see them in the spring for under $2500. Those guys are gonna feel so stupid. $6000 for god's sake!
Those are limited run guns. I do not believe they are meant to be shot.
I am sure that the next batch will be substantially cheaper.

Having said that - anything is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. Obviously - the SCAR is a hot item.

-TH

·
Registered
22 Posts
I dont know if I am correct but from what I can remember the Ps90 was up there in price when it first came out and then soon dropped. However 6,000.00 .................Is a bit much

·
Registered
92 Posts
I saw on gunbroker someone named motorboys bided 8,025.00 for the scar lite there are only 4 biders willing to pay an excess amount of 3,500.00 once thies biders stop binge drinking on thier meadications realize what they have bided the prices will fall under 3,500.00. there are still over 900 rifels to be shipped, soo hang in there. if you look at the other auctions no one is biding on black rifels over 2,000.00 :eek:

·
Registered
225 Posts
i cant belive people are acually paying those amounts for these rifles! i know they were highly anticipated but really... and to comment on Therms comment about not shooting these rifles... with all due respect- you must be out of your freaking mind if you think im going to pay over $1000 let alone $8000 for a "tactical" rifle that your supposed to be able throw in the mud, snow, sand, alien blood, poop, liquid hot magma, and all other stuff, and not shoot it because its a low serial number! it reminds me of when the PS3s first came out. im emberassed at how people are taking advantage of auctions, and how people without deep pockets (or FFLs) are being taken loosing out because of auctions. its sad really. im kinda dissapointed in FN for doing this whole "first run, low serial, certificate of authenticity" thing to fuel the hype. what if all this SCAR stuff turns out just that, HYPE? EVERYTHING is AWSOME when its shiny and new. what if this turns out to be another piston driven "black (brown) rifle"? i know i will probably recieve hatefull remarks on this forum for suggesting that the SCAR is anything but God's personal choice but its just my opinion. i just think the $8000 situation is absolutly rediculis, kinda like my spelling! lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
Almost every new gun recently had a limited edition--MSAR; TPD AXR; even SIG has some. It's just catering to the market. They will come down in price, us less solvent people just have to be patient.

If the market bears the price, what's wrong with that.

I bet none of these guys buying at over retail are complaining on message boards about price, or trying to demean people because they WON'T pay as much for a SCAR as they are.

·
Registered
225 Posts
im not demeaning anyone, and the market for this thing isnt only the first 1000 people. people can do what they want buy what the want i just think its crazy to spend so much on a gun not ment to shoot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The market bears what the market bears, and this is capitalism at work. I was willing to pay up to $3,500 for one, it didn't take long for the market to pass my pocket book. That's all I can "afford", if I am able to buy one for that or less I will and if I can't then I won't cry over it.

I will say this, for the most expensive mass-produced military style semi-auto rifle made, you think they could have matched the color of the anodizing on the upper with the lower and stock!

·
Registered
5 Posts
SCAR for $3600

I just bought a SCAR for $3600 from a dealer in TN today. I feel real lucky because I did not pay $8000 for one. I know the dealer made a certain amount of profit but compare to most of the other gouchers, I'll be glad to let him make some money off of me. I know the price will drop in the future but from where I am standing, I don't see myself loosing any money or kicking myself for overpaying. Those of you who paid $6-8000 for yours, don't hate me!! :grin:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. :)

When you get a chance to play with it pls let us know how is working for you....and post a lot of pics.

Thx.

·
Banned
78 Posts
I agree with Lance White. I was willing to pay 4000 for one, but now it's past my economic capability for a gun. I'm not too upset. Maybe it'll fall down to a cost I could afford, or maybe it won't and they'll be banned before we can get a cheaper one, but what happens happens. It's out of our control. And believe me....there are some insanely rich gun collectors who are multi multi-millionaires who could dish out 200k for a gun and not blink. For them, there's no difference between spending 1k or 8k for a SCAR. They're not stupid....just way way richer and more successful than most of us people.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought my SCAR for 2.440.00 , 50.00 dollars above dealer cost. But things are worth as much as people are willing to pay for them. I was just lucky enough to get one I could afford (Barely). :roll:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts