FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Arizona! Just thought I'd post some pics from my visit at Rio Salado Sportsman Club in Mesa, AZ Rio Salado Sportsman's Club | The East Valley's Premier Outdoor Range I finally had a chance to try out my AAC 7.62 SDN-6 suppressor. My fellow shooters actually paused while I fired a few rounds thru it. It wasn't too loud - kind of comfortable. I heard of a POI/POA difference but didn't believe it until now. About 4 inches worth down while using Federal 147gr XM80C 7.62x51mm. I didn't include any pics because then you'd see my horrible accuracy!! :( I included a pic showing how dirty the rounds get when using a suppressor (never seen anyone put it on screen before) The case on the left is with suppressor on, and the case on the right is without suppressor on. You can see my shameless LRSD plug on the torn-up t-shirt on the table. Ha! And you can see my paint job on my SCAR17s and suppressor (that's not a baffle strike - just a mistake while painting) I was using a Leupold Mk6 1-6x20mm CMR-W 7.62mm scope, in an ADM AD-RECON-SW 34mm mount, and EACH handle (Thanks Stryker Enterprise Manufacturer Of The Top Tier SCAR® Enhanced Alloy Lower | Stryker Enterprises LLC , as well has a SCAR BCD, selector switches, and modified BCM Mod 3 grips from Jarod at Parker Mountain Machine Featured Products - Parker Mountain Machine, Troy micro front and rear sights, a few Larue index clips; need more ( IndexClips, 72 Piece Set | LaRue Tactical) and a Atlas bipod (nice one!) I'm still getting use to this rife, but loving every second of it!!! Hope you enjoyed the pics and words, and sorry if I missed anything! Take care and have a great day!

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
Beautiful rifle, J. Nice setup. Thanks for the post...

Reactions: J.Jaxn

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Very nice - thanks for posting!

Reactions: J.Jaxn

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice looking rifle. Glad your POI shift wasnt so terrible. I was at Rio last week zeroing a new optic on my 17S CQC and the POI shift was a good 8+ inches upward at 100 once I put the SDN-6 on.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice looking rifle. Glad your POI shift wasnt so terrible. I was at Rio last week zeroing a new optic on my 17S CQC and the POI shift was a good 8+ inches upward at 100 once I put the SDN-6 on.
8+ inches!! Damn, now I don't feel so bad... But, happy to be part of the suppressed SCAR Club :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would like to come out west to shoot. I just recently pick up a can for one of my rifles and was also amazed at the POI shift. 2 1/2 more months until I get the SF can for the SCAR. Great write-up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts