FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put about 300 rds downrange, and my groups suck. At 15 yds they're larger than 12 inches. I went back to my .45, and shrunk my groups to 2 inches at 15 yds. Any suggestions or encouragement?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
i have notice with some people when they first get a gun since they are used to the trigger pull ect that they tend to "jerk" the gun as they were firing causing poor groups

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
The Fiveseven is light so it will take a little to get use to.
Puting a tac light on the rail usually helps, the added weight helps to shrink your group size.

·
Registered
569 Posts
tqtran said:
The Fiveseven is light so it will take a little to get use to.
Puting a tac light on the rail usually helps, the added weight helps to shrink your group size.
+1. Adding a TLR-1 to my Five-seveNs really helped.
Tomac

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A little weight would help, but I really don't want to rely on a light on the end of it. My goal is to begin carrying the pistol when my accuracy has improved. I think I'll continue to practice.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Practice makes perfect!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
The weight helps me too. But practice certainly goes a long way.
Between range sessions I practiced drawing and dry-firing the pistol until it was second nature- this also really helped break in the trigger.

I should add that I have put 1700 rounds through it, but I'm still not very accurate with this pistol without the weight.- But accurate enough that I trust it as my carry piece.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I dont know if you can do this with the 5-7 but I have helped people with this issue with other guns. Balance a coin on the slide by or on top of the front sight/barrel end. Practice dry firing in a normally aimed manner and this will cure any flinching or jerk you have once you keep the coin balanced throughout the trigger squeeze.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts