FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No More Silence: Marking the Anniversary of the Newtown Tragedy

Moms Demand Action will mark the one-year anniversary of the tragic shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, with No More Silence, a campaign to honor the lives lost at Sandy Hook Elementary, and to show our resolve never to be silent again about the epidemic of gun violence. Join us. Participate in our week of action, create a paper bell craft, and mark the day of the anniversary with dozens of “No More Silence” events all across the country. At each of these events, we will ring bells to remember victims of gun violence, and to demonstrate our commitment to be vocal and persistent in working toward common-sense gun reform.
Join us to commemorate this solemn anniversary with No More Silence:
Attend a No More Silence Event

On Saturday, December 14, Moms will gather in more than 35 states to honor the victims of the tragedy in Newtown, and the thousands of Americans lost to gun violence every year. All events will include a communal bell-ringing to remember the victims, and to show our resolve to never be silent again about gun violence. See the full list of events on the right side of this page.
Create Paper Bells

Make sure your members of Congress know that a bell has sounded that can’t be unrung. Create paper bells and send them to your legislators so they know moms will not be silent until they take action to make our kids safer from gun violence. Be sure to send a photo of your bell to [email protected]. Get a template and instructions here.
Take Action

Take action every day in the week leading up to the anniversary commemorations: Demand that Congress enact common-sense reforms such as comprehensive background checks for gun purchases. The daily calls to action are:

Read more: No More Silence: Marking the Anniversary of the Newtown Tragedy

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
We and the NRA have been yelling at them on how to end the violence but they are as deaf as prostitute after you tell them you only have half the cash....:lol:

Reactions: adamc and JMike

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Got it... Check for MILFs with paper bells.... check

·
Registered
551 Posts
I grieve for the lives lost. The same way i grieve for the avoidable deaths on our nations highways, However i don't demand cars get banned (Or engines downsized). I want prosecutors to actually prosecute drunk drivers. Not put them in 12 step programs and then turn them loose. Same thing with mass shooters.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Notice, there is ALWAYS NO mention of Gangbangers ?

or "ACTIVE" pursuit or push to disarm the gangbangers , who are causing the violence ?

Reactions: blkbd

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Maybe they should concentrate their efforts and team up with Jessie & AL to protest & walk the streets of Chicago

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
try living here in Connecticut...

EVERY DAY Newtown is 'Celebrated' 01 Jan 2014 is when the Gun Registration forms are due :neutral:

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Reactions: cintidude04

·
Registered
35 Posts
People with an irrational fear of inanimate objects are truly sad. Those who demand or even want government to control others freedoms to "protect" them from their irrational fears are despicable, vile, uninformed human beings. The problem with this is they get to vote just like we do. They have simple minds and believe guns and individual rights are bad but government is good. We need to educate those in our circle of influence. Take someone you work with or know socially, who isn't a gun enthusiast, to the range. At least make the offer. I've converted 3 people this year to 1st time gun ownership and one to, not only gun ownership, but also CHL holder. This is just among my co-workers.

I have many guns. I have a lot of ammo. When I chat with others I ask about their experience with guns and just listen. I don't preach to them or at them. I don't criticize when they say things like "guns are dangerous" or ask "do you own one of those assault rifles" or other silly uninformed things. I ask more and listen more than I speak. Then after getting a feel for where they stand I simply make an offer. Something like... "Have you ever shot a gun?" "Would you like to shoot one, or maybe a few?" "It's my treat, you won't have to buy anything or spend a dime". At that point I often get raised eyebrows and curiosity. You either get "Sure, I love to shoot some". Or..."I don't think so but thanks". I reply to the latter..."If you ever change your mind, just let me know, the offer stands".

Nearly all the people who decline bring up the subject often in the days and weeks that follow. I'm a guy and sometimes if the co-worker or friend is a lady, they're nervous about guns and very nervous about such an offer from a guy. In those cases, I always tell them they are welcome to bring a spouse, friend or another co-worker. "My wife likes to shoot too, if you're more comfortable, I can ask her to come along and we'll meet you there".

Over the decades I've been shooting, I have no idea how many new shooters & gun owners I've added to our ranks but it's a lot of people. We need a lot more. If every gun owner would spend the little bit of time and small cost annually in a couple of boxes of ammo we'd have a lot more gun friendly people out there. Most people will thank you and many will repay your kindness in ways you don't expect. I won't go into those but I feel I've benefited far more than I've sacrificed in doing this. Share your passion with others. Some will not ever become gun people or ever even buy a gun, but they appreciate the experience even if it's not for them. Others will become gun and 2A enthusiasts over time. Whatever the outcome, it's always great fun and memorable for a lifetime for those who accept your offer. Give it a try.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Part of me feels sorry for the neutered douchebag husbands these *****es make participate, the other half loathes them for being weak and stupid men who fail to make their other halves see why they are wrong. Funny how most of the moms are fat, suburban, white housewives with nothing to do, I'll lay odds they only care about school shootings, they don't care about gang violence because few white kids get killed from it comparatively. I'm all for equality, as long as they learn to think with logic and not their "feelings."

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Obama campaign arm encouraging Newtown anniversary eventsThe political advocacy group born from President Obama's reelection campaign is encouraging supporters to host "anniversary events" marking one year since the Newtown, Conn., elementary school shooting.

Organizing for Action (OFA) says it intends the events to be a "powerful reminder of what we lost a year ago, and a reminder that we as a nation need to do more to prevent gun violence and keep our communities safe."

OFA says that the events will be held in towns and cities across the country and will be used to "call on Congress to finally take action to make our communities safer."

Following the mass shooting that left 20 schoolchildren and six school employees dead, Obama called for legislation that would expand background checks on firearm purchases, create new penalties on straw purchases and include new funding for school security.

Obama repeatedly invoked the victims in his call for the reforms, telling lawmakers "shame on us" if they had forgotten the children who perished.

“Tears aren't enough. Expressions of sympathy aren't enough. Speeches aren't enough,” Obama said. “We've cried enough. We've known enough heartbreak. What we're proposing isn't radical. It isn't taking anybody's gun rights. It's something that, if we are serious, we will do.”

Read more: Obama campaign arm encouraging Newtown anniversary events | TheHill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts