·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few photos of some of my USP's.
Click the thumb-nails for the biggies...hehehe :p

Hard chrome .40, snuggling with a stainless .45

USPF .40 - Cobra Chrome/serrations by Tripp

One of way too many stainless USP, this is .45 full size LNIB w/20 rounds on it.

This is a very rare USP ODGreen Tactical in .45

Cobra Chrome USP .45

Rare USP Custom Combat .45 in Urban Gray

Thats a few of them! :p

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nice stuff. I like the OD green one.

These look to be in excellent condition. You shoot them much :D ?

Are you going to be getting the HK 45 when it comes out? That will probably be my first HK pistol.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of these USP, only the hard chrome .45 gets shot, I put 350 rounds thru it today.
The 2 carries - Combat Commander/USP .45 Compact get most of the use.

Im waiting on the HK45 for a year, until prices cool down.

·
Registered
227 Posts
My next 45 is going to either be the HK 45 or the Sig Combat 45. Depends which one I like best. I want a 45, but just don't trust the 1911 system anymore.

·
Registered
214 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I keep debating a 45 USP or the HK45.... One will be mine soon :)
I liked my USP .45, but I liked my Glock 21c w/ the 3.5lb trigger better. It's priced much less as well, and IMO, shoots the best out of the .45 polymer pistols. Did I mention Glocks service is top notch?

I've been to their USA HQ several times and always leave impressed.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Full size USP is a large pistol in the grip. If you have medium to small hands, the USP .45 Compact will fit better. The HK45 is supposed to cure that issue by being slimmer in the grip. There are people with small hands that own and shoot the full size and prefer it over the Compact.

I like the USP full size for my big hands...its a superb pistol, and super accurate. Best to always get them in your hands at the store for at least 20 minutes, if you cant rent and shoot one.

Im getting 2 HK45, one to hard chrome, the other will stay blue. :cool:

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Kost said:
Full size USP is a large pistol in the grip. If you have medium to small hands, the USP .45 Compact will fit better. The HK45 is supposed to cure that issue by being slimmer in the grip. There are people with small hands that own and shoot the full size and prefer it over the Compact.

I like the USP full size for my big hands...its a superb pistol, and super accurate. Best to always get them in your hands at the store for at least 20 minutes, if you cant rent and shoot one.

Im getting 2 HK45, one to hard chrome, the other will stay blue. :cool:
Yea, I have small hands. But, I've adjusted to the Five Seven. Of course, that is long, front to back. But the rest of the grip is ergonomically shapped. The fullsize USP is very blocky.

I'm going to a gun show next week. I've prev owned a 9mm USP - I've never held the 45 version before, though.

I thought about a compact USP in 45 to go with my 9mm one. But, I want this as a range toy and not for carry. So, I want a bigger gun for the recoil.

·
Registered
329 Posts
How hard is it to get a mag with the added floorplate like in the photo of your tactical model...but to use with a regular USP? I have not seen mags like that forsale.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
O'Neill said:
How hard is it to get a mag with the added floorplate like in the photo of your tactical model...but to use with a regular USP? I have not seen mags like that forsale.
Get them (extended floor plates) here for $7. About 1 minute to change out. (or how ever long it takes, to take down the magazine)
http://www.robertrtg.com/misc.html

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ShipWreck said:
I thought about a compact USP in 45 to go with my 9mm one. But, I want this as a range toy and not for carry. So, I want a bigger gun for the recoil.
Some say the Compact .45 recoil is actually softer than the full size .45. I can barely tell a difference, the USP .45 Compact does not recoil any more than the full size one, its that soft of a shooter.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Kost said:
O'Neill said:
Get them (extended floor plates) here for $7. About 1 minute to change out. (or how ever long it takes, to take down the magazine)
http://www.robertrtg.com/misc.html
Wow - thanks for that link. Kewl!!!!

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Kost said:
ShipWreck said:
Some say the Compact .45 recoil is actually softer than the full size .45. I can barely tell a difference, the USP .45 Compact does not recoil any more than the full size one, its that soft of a shooter.
Interesting... I asked about it on HK Pro, and everyone told me the opposite.... Hmm... Ya got me wondering now...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the Compact .45 recoil is a tinier bit more than the full size, alot of guys dont agree with me...hehehe. :)

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66765

The Compact does use a single spring with the white hard nylon buffer, instead of the dual spring system on the full size...shrugs. :D

At the range, its hard to beat a full size USP .45! Mine are so accurate, its almost stupid...hehe

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Yea, since I have the 9mm USPc, I am familiar with the spring differences...

I guess I'll decide next Sat - but I'm probably gonna end up waiting for the HK45 - maybe get it at the Jan gunshow I'll be heading to in Jan 08.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts