FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helloo. I just joined the forum yesterday, thought i'd drop by and say hi. I've also got a few questions in regards to the FNP9, I figured i'd ask them here as well.

So I've been in the market for my first 9mm pistol. (first pistol, too, though I've shot before). After about two months of looking/deciding I narrowed it down between two guns and finally to one. The FNP9. I just had a few questions in regards to the FNP9 from some of the owners.

What is the warranty on the pistol? I couldn't find any information about this online, nor could anyone at the store tell me this.

On the internet, I've read nothing but good things in regards to the FNP9, and the other day someone pointed me in this direction, to this forum.

When I joined I saw a few posts about the crack by the trigger, the slide chipping/denting etc. I also noticed that most of these posts came from one person and not really a whole lot of people.... (though a few random people also reported things, but all of them seemed satisfied with the customer service they received, too) Can anyone chime in on how often these problems actually occur, or if it's something to worry about when buying the pistol?

I don't want to get a faulty impression of the product because one person had a bad experience and decided to hold it against a manufacturer. I just want to know if it's a random lemon thats pretty uncommon and this guy is blowing it way out of proportion, or if it's something to be worried about when buying.

Also, does the serial # matter on the gun as far as production time? Should I look for one with a certain serial # or does it not matter? (I'm not sure if they've made any changes over time or if the 'problems' happened to a certain batch with certain serial #'s? )

Thanks ahead of time for any input

Also, wanted to hear just some general feedback from what people thought of their FNP9s, since most seem to be happy with them.

Thanks again

·
Registered
249 Posts
I do not know the legth of the warranty for the FNP's.

As far as the fire control housing cracks that have been popping up, I can only speculate: The early FNPs that came out never had the problem, then they probably changed a design/material and people started reporting the cracks.

I'm sure FN has corrected whatever they changed, and new production FNPs will not have this problem. (although this is not confirmed by FN Regardless, FNs CS is top notch, IF you do have a problem they will get your firearm back to you in less than 30 days (I've seen as fast as 14.) FN obviously knows what the problem was becuase the people who have sent thiers in haven't had the same problem. (You can find repaired range reports here on the forum)

We have not came up with a problem serial number range yet. Although threr is a thread somewhere in the forum that can shed SOME light on this subject.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Don't think you'll have any problems w/new one. I had cracked firing housing in '07 FNP9. Was fixed & has over 1000rds thru it w/no problem. '06 FNP9M has over 1000rds thru it and never had problem. Think they had a "lot" of the housings w/a larger notch cut inside housing that caused problem. New housings don't have notch.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Having said all that, I think the FNPs are GREAT! I have one of the first ones that came out, and I haven't had a single malfunction with the gun itself. It's VERY accurate, ergonomics are great, and it's a very good looking firearm.

The only problems I've had so far is my slide is SLIGHTLY chipping under the "P." It doesn't bother ME one bit. Also, 1 out of the 3 mags I have doesn't lock the slide back on the last round.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts