FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am originally from Chicago, now living in Minneapolis since early 2009.

Have been cycling through many different weapons over the years, but recently traded two for a fully loaded SCAR 16S. Then a week later, purchased an FN 5.7. So far, I absolutely LOVE the SCAR as it is immensly accurate even at 150 yards using the Irons and there is little to no recoil even when rapid firing.

I just got to take the 5.7 out last night and my initial impression is severe disappointment. I say this because When I cranked the adjustable sights all the way down to the slide, even at 20 yards, I was not even hitting paper on a 12" target. Very concerning. So I cranked it up so far that the set screw was sitting on TOP of the thread, and I was STILL hitting 3-5 in BELOW bullseye. I have always shot the same, with the very tip of the front sight in-between and perfectly aligned with the very top of the rear sight. So that all three set in a row accordingly flush. If anyone has had this experience, please help. It would be much appreciated. I noticed that the front sight was insanely tall in my opinion as well. Thanks again and I am glad to be a part of this community.

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
Welcome! :) Congrats on your recent FN acquisitions, you will find a wealth of knowledge and F'n enthusiasm/s in here! :?

Reactions: SAVAGEJIM

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Hello and Welcome!

if you hadn't already, check out the FiveseveN subforum for possibly better sight adjustments

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts