FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Just wanted to say hello. Grateful for all the knowledge I've gained and honored to be among the fold. Thank you. Love the 17S and have been lusting after one for a couple of years. Purchase delayed by the rising prices due to fear and the profiteering vultures after Sandy Hook. Nation's Gun Show last Sunday bore fruit. Cleaned, lubed and mounted ACOG TA11E-G yesterday. Ammo arriving tomorrow and the clouds are supposed to part and end the rain on Thursday for first range day.

·
Premium Member
9,524 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the 17!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Penelope10, I'm a member of the Izaak Walton League outside of Leesburg. Quite a haul for you. Nice family conservation oriented club with a really nice outdoor range with close in pistol to 100yd max. Often shoot for hours and not see anyone or at the most 3-4 other shooters (during the week). I was dying at the NRA range and Blue Ridge. I understand you have to take what you can get as far as range time goes. NRA great range, well run, but horribly crowded most all the time. Rarely able to shoot for more than your allocated hour. Got muzzle swept by a banger at Blue Ridge and got tired of the wait there too while keeping my eye on the rental shooters down the line. I'm really thankful for IWL.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks A. One of life's vagaries about to turn me into a Dallas area Texan. Hope the 17 is able to work out on some of your hogs!

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

Reactions: PGR

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Congrats on the scar! You may want to check out 340 defense.Summit Point, WV. When I was living In front royal in was a 30 minute drive and well worth it. 20 and 50 yard pistol. 100 and 300 yard rifle ranges. Not high traffic and you wont have a range officer breathing down your neck as long as you are being safe. There was also a dueling tree there last time I went on the 100 yard rifle range. One of the plates got busted off when hit by the 7.62 X 51 though... :-(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info Kameron. Google maps says it's less than an hour from the casa. Sure appreciate the lead. Looks like from your location, you may be in the service of our Country. If so, Thank you for your Service.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Congrats and welcome from NC!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Welcome from the People's Republik of Kolorado, a division of Kommiefornia, inc. :welcomesigntb3:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for the welcome gischileu. Kills me to hear people talk about Colorado that way. Don't misunderstand. I know you're right. Never thought I'd see what's happened there happen. Lived there from '77-'08. What used to infect Boulder and the foothills above it and maybe Western State in Gunnison has spread through the Metro area in Denver and south to the Springs. Pot shops everywhere in Denver. Took my son God knows how long to get his carry permit. Sad man. I don't even recognize the place and can't believe half the things I read about the politics there. Thank you for your service, Master Sergeant.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts