FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose I should have posted something here first, but I prefer to lurk and read and found the proposed LEO and Military post and got sucked right in!
I just recently got pulled into the world of FN weapons from a friend who is with the OKC bureau. He allowed me to test drive his Five seveN and I fell in love! I had to have one and we immediately left the range and went to Bass Pro Shops where he said was the cheapest in OKC to get one. Picked up a USG and 600 rounds of SS195 and SS197 ammunition. I need to go to McAlester and get a case of SS198 for duty carry now.
Anyway, I did a little more research on the web and read about the P90/PS90 and found the forums here.
I'm thinking seriously of putting in a requisition through our department for a P90 for my patrol unit simply to have the same weapons platform for both my pistol and rifle.
It seems that in a world of 'bigger-is-better' caliber mentality and AR-happy officers, I'm considered the blacksheep, but I don't care. I love the ballistics of this weapon and would gladly make the switch permanent. I think I can put my 9MM away for good now.
So, howdy from a little country gal in Oklahoma!

·
Registered
98 Posts
"and AR-happy officers"

Another convert! Yea Hoo

Ive been stoned at work for expressing my opinions on the AR.

JUst got my approval the other day to "Officially" have the PS90 in the car.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Vendor
5,653 Posts
+2 :) Welcome!! You have got to get the P90 for your Patrol unit! :shock:
I bet once everyone "test drives" it they will be want one too. :cool:

·
Banned
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I just got back from a short trip to the range. The boys there got an eye full today. I took the USG to test it out and let my range master sign off on it. We have a 20 round test and he started to chew my ass for not bringing any extra magazines with me. I loved the look on his face when I pulled the magazine from my USG and tossed it to him. He looked at it and I swear he looked just like my Irish setter when he cocks his head to one side. I told him, "With one in the pipe, I should have plenty for this round, dontcha think?".
He told me not to be a smart ass!
Anyway, when we got through, my buddy from the Bureau showed up with one of his P90's and let my appropriations officer go over it. We got to test fire it. OMG!! I know we're getting at least two. The AO is ordering him one as well!! LOL!! We smoked through 400 rounds in just minutes. That thing is SO sweet!!
The AR guys were all belly aching and bitching and whining and pissing about how its not a REAL rifle. I told them they were absolutely right. Its a Personal Defense Weapon. They need to do a little more research.
But the next time we needed to clear a building, they can climb the roof on the next building and stand lookout, I'm going hunting!

·
Registered
520 Posts
...when we got through, my buddy from the Bureau showed up with one of his P90's ...

The AR guys were all belly aching and bitching and whining and pissing about how its not a REAL rifle. I told them they were absolutely right. Its a Personal Defense Weapon. They need to do a little more research.
thank you!

the AR devotees really don't get that... :roll:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts