FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks again for the warm welcome ShipWreck (apologies for the deja vu you must now have as well!)! My Name is Pete, but I picked up the nickname P.A. when I was in Law Enforcement and although normally quiet and reserved, when given the proper stimuli, could match the Public Address system on my cruiser when giving verbal commands. So I've been labelled P.A. since.

I am the proud owner of 2 FN products, an FN-FAL Para which I built (it's sort of an FN still), and carried on duty for a time, and a PS-90, that I promised I'd buy myself if I survived a case of severe and chronic Arsenic poisoning (A long story with a hopefully happy ending). I haven't fired it yet, hoping to wait for the C-More, but Bob at FN gave me a call to say they were just a hair (6-10 weeks) behind delivery times. I may be patient, but not quite that patient. so I'll scope her up, and sight her in with the info Bob gave me regarding the 5.7 ammunition ballistics (6" rise @ 100 yards). Apparently the SCARs will be up 4th Quarter '08, with many options which will be much like buying a new car with all sortsa options :D

If this helps anyone looking for ammo delivered to your very doorstep, CDNN ( www.cdnnsports.com or 800-588-9500) has 2,000 rounds of 5.7 SS195LF HP 27 Grain for $699, ($712.97 with shipping). I believe the FMJ round to be the same. Ask for Neal or Marshall, and tell 'em Peter from Black Diamond, WA sent ya. I don't get anything for it, but I promised them I would spread the word if I could, and I like to keep my word. (If I got ripped off try not to laugh too hard at me. I'm new after all :lol: )

Thanks again,
Peter

·
Registered
520 Posts
WELCOME, PA! :?

oh, and as far as the ammo goes- ~700/case ain't bad at all. however, there isn't anymore true 'FMJ' around for us civvies anymore- only the ss197 (40 grain v-max) and the ss195LF (28 grain hollowpoint) and a handful of custom ammo out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts