FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been trolling your site for a while, figured I'd actually join and say hi.

I'm a USMC vet, former LEO, and currently work as a nurse.

started buying firearms about a year and a half ago. First, with an AR, then the F2K, then some shotty's, and now the 5.7 USG. since the store was offering the 5.7 rounds on sale (250 for $99), I loaded up with a bunch.

The ease of firing the FN guns and the accuracy with which they strike is amazing.

1st time firing the 5.7 two weeks ago, and I put a tighter group at 50 yards than I could with any other pistol I've ever owned could at 10. amazing.

And I wish I coulda carried the F2K. way, way better all around. I just love it. will post pics in the pics section.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Hello, and thank you for your service. I look forward to your pics. Can you tell us of your travels?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Here's a USMC question -- is it ever appropriate for a non-Marine to say "semper fi" to serving Marine? I've been wondering...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welly, spent most of my time right in the DC area and the Catoctin Mountains at a certain Naval Support Facility.

then, off to a year in the Fleet Marines as a 0331 (machine gunner)

trained on the m60E in school, but when I got to the fleet, I found they had been replaced by these "Belgian guns" called a 240G. I remember thinking... great... Uncle Sammy screws us again, but WHOA! That fine piece of kit changed my whole perspective of what LMGs were capable of... the range, rate of fire, and damned near unstoppable feed mechanism...coupled with the overall simplicity and easy of use.

Of course, my favorite still remains the MK19, but that beast is in a class by itself.

Went to Hawaii, then Okinawa, Mainland Japan (Mt Fuji in February...brrrr.), got to rock it in Tokyo, then Korea...ugh.., Australia, Thailand, then, spent a bit in California. Took 60 days of terminal leave and caught MAC flights to the UK (few days in London, then up to Scotland), then down to Spain, over to Germany, then took a train trip through Austria, Switzerland, Northern Italy, then back up to Munich to finish off with OKTOBERFESCHT!

It's a great big world, and seeing it on Uncle's time and $$$ is even better. As I was still "active", I got bonus pay for being overseas while on leave, and had plenty saved ahead of time. one of the best times of my life.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, but Australia was way better.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts