FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small FN collection and appreciate the quality. I was invited over from another forum by one od your mods and honestly want to learn more about my guns. I look forward to learning although I don't have much to contribute.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Hello, what's on your wish list to epxand your collection?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, what's on your wish list to epxand your collection?
Right now I've got a 1960 era Sweet Sixteen, FN 1905 (6.35), FN 1910 (.32 & 9mm kurz barrels), Baby Browning-blue, Baby Browning lightweight-bright.

I'd like to add a High Power next, then take a breath. I'm overloaded with Ruger wheel guns & one .45 ACP and although none are really valuable I'll keep the 3 screw convertible and sell the rest to generate funds and make some room in the safe. I'm interested in the mix of others' FN collection.
My first FN pistol happened to be a Baby Browning-blue with leather pouch purchased new from a dealer in 1964 for $29 including a box of ball ammo! Lost it in a divorce, #2 son got it back when she died, I paid $600 for a NIB (safe queen) with "BABY" on the grips. Better than the stock market! I shot a zillion rounds thru my Sweet 16, then put her in the safe when my shoulder got too old from the pounding. She's 85-90%.

Thanks for your welcome and interest in a newbie. I look forward to being a regular.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SheNINE said:
I see you.......... :D
Glad you came over.
It's nice here but more product oriented- as the name implies. Less chatter and more focus on FN guns. I own several:
FN Browning Sweet Sixteen shotgun, FN Baby Browning .25 in blue and bright, FN 1905 in .25, FN 1910 in .32 w/9mm kurz extra bbl and a Browning BDA.
I've been wanting to enhance my FN collection and have been selling off stuff 2 or 3 a week to generate $$ to feed my gun addiction. Nicest thing about a gunaholic is you don't have to go to those darn 12 step meetings.
Anyway I signed up here way back in Sept as you did but didn't really get interested until I found out that Shipwreck is a mod and I have a lot of respect for him.
Being an ole phartt I've got a ton of gunz collected over the last 35-40 years but just a mismash of everything you can imagine.
Finally settled down with one woman, 17 years now so I need to settle down and get my gun ducks in a row.
An example of my eclectic mix: I have an American Derringer original .25 cal pen gun and an AutoMag II in .22 mag up for auction on Auction Arms right now.
Last go round I sold a Desert Eagle 50AE, S&W 1 1/2 top break antique, Seecamp .25 and a Stinger pen gun with .22 & .22 mag barrels.
So you see I have a smorgasbord but can't make a decent meal.
Thanksgiving my #2 son, 14 years Air Force turned federal agent looked at my mess. He said "dad, you've really got to get this mess cleaned up."
You're the gun collectors equivalent of a bag lady."
Good to hear from you and get Shipwreck to put your cactus juice green drink and face on the smiley board.
Chris

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
whompuss said:
SheNINE said:

It's nice here but more product oriented- as the name implies. Less chatter and more focus on FN guns. ctus juice green drink and face on the smiley board.
Chris
Well, the General Gun Discussions ection and the Free style room (the off topic area) is very busy - U can jump in there and have all the fun ya like :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

It's nice here but more product oriented- as the name implies. Less chatter and more focus on FN guns. ctus juice green drink and face on the smiley board.
Chris
Well, the General Gun Discussions ection and the Free style room (the off topic area) is very busy - U can jump in there and have all the fun ya like :)
If SheNine has more fun than she already does she might bust a gut!
OOPs, sorry S9, "bust a gut" is a southern thang. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Whompass = "Anyway I signed up here way back in Sept as you did but didn't really get interested until I found out that Shipwreck is a mod and I have a lot of respect for him."
Oh now ya did it! His head gonna start growing again. :lol:

Whompass = "You're the gun collectors equivalent of a bag lady."
I'm going to shamlessly steal that. :D

Whompass, my brother is into wheel guns. If you have any pinned and recessed guns laying around that you want to sell, I'd appreciate an oppertunity to consider buying it.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
It's strange, Whompass - we have been having a problem with the quote feature for a while for people using IE7. Whenever I see the quotes messed up on any post - I fix it. I can ALWAYS fix it - except for your post.

It is strange. It won't let me fix your quotes, Whompass - I mean, I've fixed it, but it just won't take. U must be possessed :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Testing...

Chris
That IS weird... I can cut-n-paste your fix and it works.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Yes, I don't understand it - it's only HIS posts. I've been trying to fix every one of his on and off since he began posting. I give up :p :p :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
If SheNine has more fun than she already does she might bust a gut!
OOPs, sorry S9, "bust a gut" is a southern thang.
*giggle* No problem Whompuss! I've heard that one before............

1 - 14 of 14 Posts