FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been registered a little while, but finally decided to post. I am currently working in West Texas. I enjoy hunting and shooting. I am really interested in the PS90 that is how I found out about this forum.
I have had the opportunity to fly as a gunner for a helicopter pilot that performs predator control for landowners and the federal government. We primarily shoot coyotes, bobcats and hogs. I have been looking to get a PS90 as another helicopter gun to go along with our miriad of ARs, AKs, & shotguns.
Look forward to learning much from you guys.
Take care and God Bless.

·
Banned
328 Posts
helicopter pilot that performs predator control for landowners and the federal government

That's it. The ultimate dream job. Everyone else's occupation now officially sucks.

BTW where can we sign up for that gig?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
helicopter pilot that performs predator control for landowners and the federal government

That's it. The ultimate dream job. Everyone else's occupation now officially sucks.

BTW where can we sign up for that gig?
Guys, I wish that this was my "real job". This is a gig that I do as a hobby. My buddy that is the helo pilot, needs gunners and so I get asked/ volunteered to get up in the air with him. I don't get paid for it, but I get to have alot of fun. Hey what can be better than to see new country and fly around and shoot stuff.

It started out because I had some aerial surveys for wildlife that I needed to conduct. He and I got to talking about the gunning and it went from there. It's a blast (no pun intended). It also helps that when he has questions or needs guns tricked out, he gives me a call. I will order what he needs and then we get together so that I can trick out his guns. One of these days, I will take a picture of all our helo guns.

There are several pilots around. Most of the time they are in need of gunners because most of the gunners that are used can only help one or two days a week. You might check in your areas to see if you can find one to get up with. Most of them will let you try once. Your ability to shot at a moving animal from a moving vehicle will determine whether or not you can stay LOL. That is unless, it is your ammo that is being fired do on targets. You can go through alot of ammo in a day. My buddy and his dad are both pilots, one day he was gunning for his dad and they shot over 100 hogs. He said that he was averaging 3 shots per hog. That is one reason that we have switched from primarily using a shotgun to using an AR or AK.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
That sounds like a blast!

Welcome from Katy Texas. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts