FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals,

My name is Chris, and we are full time RV’ers (retired) and travel the Western States with the weather, that is unless we get delayed. At the moment we are in Florence, AZ and pulling out in the next week to ten days for WA State with lots of sightseeing stops along the way. Normally, when we roll through CA, we switch on “Invisible Mode”. The “Cloaking Device” consumes a lot of power.

While not actually owning a FiveseveN, there are just about enough pennies in the jar to pick one up. The “Fiveseven Warning” thread really caught my eye, and it appears most here really have a handle on that particular thread. It was researching this thread, all over the internet, that brought me here. This appears to be one of the most intelligent and level headed groups I’ve seen, hence my joining. Needless to say, I’ve seen nothing to dissuade me from my upcoming purchase.

I’m mainly a long range rifle enthusiast, but I also reload all my weapons including my carry 357. The 5.7 cases I think (at the moment) can withstand two firings. Anything after that, they should be scrapped. However, in the end, I may only load virgin brass if it appears cost effective, but more research on my part needs to be done. May decide not to reload this beast at all.

I love the .22 caliber. I have a Ruger #1 in 22-250. HOT. A TC Encore in 22-250 (brush gun) and .22LR. Browning .22 (any cartridge) lever action, Ruger SP101 (Carry), and a fun Bond Arms Derringer in 410 bore, .357, and .22.

I’ve also been involved in Wildcatting for about 15 years, and that has got to be the most rewarding experience. While I have understood what happens to a case with a firearm, it wasn’t until the “Warning” thread appeared that I started to dig into the Patents and the operation of the 5.7 delayed blowback system. WOW. Anyone really contemplating reloading this devil must understand just what is happening. It’s a completely different concept. Hence the warnings.

Enough of my useless rubbish. Just glad to be here,

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Hi there, and welcome to the forum. I'm jealous of your RV'ing. I've hoped to do that someday when I retire. But if gas prices don't settle back down I may just fly somewhere a few times a year. :(

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

First of all, thank you all for the warm welcome. You folks really roll out the red carpet. It is much appreciated.

Second:
Upon joining here, it appears I brought some excess baggage I didn’t know I had. I apologize to the group and am sorry for the problems this excess baggage may have cause.

Lastly, once again, I’m glad to be here,

Chris

PS.....Oh yes...Fuel Prices. Our travel plans have changed. With diesel averaging about $4.50/gal, a $950.00 trip to WA has been put on the back burner. Oh, and that is “One Way:.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Glad to have you!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts