FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Been looking through your forum for the past week or so since my FFL received my SCAR 17. Looking forward to joining the club when I can finally go break it out of CA jail....

·
Premium Member
9,509 Posts
Welcome! I hope the wait goes quickly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congrats! The distributor called and said mine was in too! Should be shooting by mid next week. I waited less time for an FDE 17 than I did for my 16.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey! Can he type if he doesn't have one yet? You made me get one first before you gave me a keyboard! What gives?

WELCOME

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Welcome! You're gonna love your scar

·
Registered
465 Posts
Im jealous you only have 8 days! I have about 12 more weeks of payments on my 17 plus few days to ship and ten day dros period. Every night I go to work thinking "a few more steps toward my scar" and it helps but man am I anxious. I thought I was trippin waiting to complete my first ar because palmetto takes awhile to build n ship. But their prices and fact they use fn barrels was worth the wait. I have made 2 payments on the scar 7 to go!
p.s. this forum is awesome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Got some 10rd mags from Brownell's (couple bucks cheaper than MSRP) so just waiting to get time to break her out of jail. I'm planning to replace the grip since I hate A2 grips no matter what platform. Will work on the trigger, optics, and bipod over time.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi fellow Commiefornian, Welcome to the not-so-secret SCAR 17 club. You'll love your rifle, don't spend any money on garbage to bolt on your rifle. Just save for a Geissele Super SCAR trigger. Single biggest change you can make to transform the way the rifle shoots. OK, get a grip first I guess. I bought TangoDown BG17 grips and they're pretty nice. Enjoy, your fine choice in rifles!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally had time to pick up my SCAR yesterday. Everything looks good so far, except waiting on a Raddlock.

First impression is that it's an awesome rifle and very lightweight for .308 piston. Pretty much what I was hoping for.

First change will be a new pistol grip. And maybe ladder rack for the rail under the handguard since it already bit off half my pinkie knuckle yesterday.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Razorduc - congrats on picking up your new SCAR. Don't forget about the E.A.C.H. ("Extended Angled Charging Handle") in case you change out the stock charging handle. Enjoy your new SCAR17!

Finally had time to pick up my SCAR yesterday. Everything looks good so far, except waiting on a Raddlock.

First impression is that it's an awesome rifle and very lightweight for .308 piston. Pretty much what I was hoping for.

First change will be a new pistol grip. And maybe ladder rack for the rail under the handguard since it already bit off half my pinkie knuckle yesterday.

·
Premium Member
9,509 Posts
Congrats on bringing her home!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Glad you got her home!:?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts