FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my SBR paperwork out to BATFE for my PS90- had to get it out today in honor of the inauguration. :p

Yes, I will keep everyone update on timelines as i know them.

And yes, I will post pics when she is done. :D

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still kind of have my eye out for a replacement, can't decide if I want to spend the cash on a whole new barrel, etc.

Plan so far is to do Hi-Desert Dog, but I will post for sure when I get there. :D

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
My latest approved form took 12 weeks to arrive (first week of Jan) after the check was cashed. The previous two took between 6-8 weeks. I'm using 12 weeks now as a baseline for the current pending form.

We'll see though, the one I am wating on right now was mailed the second week of December and the check was not cashed until around Jan 23rd.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
My last form 4 transfer was 10 weeks, towards the end of last year. I have 2 pending right now, $400 check cleared on 12/09, so 12 weeks would put me in the first week of March for these two.

:eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've got 5 ready to go. 2 Form 1's and 3 Form 4's... I know they go to different addresses, but can I just mail a $400 check, and a $600 check with each packet of forms? Or will I need a $200 check for each Duplicate Form? I sent 2 individual MO's last time for 2 Form 1's I sent together. Sure would make it easy with 1 $600 check per pack of 3 forms needing approval...

·
Administrator
12,074 Posts
GeneSplicer said:
I've got 5 ready to go. 2 Form 1's and 3 Form 4's... I know they go to different addresses, but can I just mail a $400 check, and a $600 check with each packet of forms? Or will I need a $200 check for each Duplicate Form? I sent 2 individual MO's last time for 2 Form 1's I sent together. Sure would make it easy with 1 $600 check per pack of 3 forms needing approval...
Its $200.00 per form package (usually 2 forms) so if you have 5 form packages to go then you need to write 5 $200 checks (one check for each form package submitted). The ATF is prohibited from cashing checks for forms that have been disapproved. If you send in only two checks, the ATF will 'probably' bounce all forms back for lack of payment.

I have never done multiple forms with only one check, but given the time it takes to get them approved, I would not chance a return and just send the payment with each form package.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
w00t! called BATFE this morning and my form went pending on the 31st!

Now only one more month of waiting! :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
"The ATF is prohibited from cashing checks for forms that have been disapproved."

I do not believe that tis is the case. I submitted my form in December and my check was cashed at the end of month in December.

I am still waiting for approval. Last time I called, I was told that it has been assigned to an adjuster - whatever that means.

-TH

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
HK SD9 Tactical said:
The ATF is prohibited from cashing checks for forms that have been disapproved.
Not correct. ATF cashes the checks shortly after they get the completed packages, weeks before the forms go pending then approved.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wrote two check to the ATF on March 8, 2009 and as of today, they still have not been deposited. I'm wondering if this is the norm?

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
No. 6 said:
I wrote two check to the ATF on March 8, 2009 and as of today, they still have not been deposited. I'm wondering if this is the norm?
I've done three form 4's, none of them took that long for them to cash the check. But, maybe they're just busy right now.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Abiqua14 said:
Hank said:
w00t! called BATFE this morning and my form went pending on the 31st!

Now only one more month of waiting! :mad:
Mine went pending on April 9th!
Congrats! I am doing everything I can not to think of it right now. :D

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Anybody have some updated wait times? My form has been pending since 3/23 and Friday will be the 12 week mark since the check was cashed.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
2 form 4's, SBR and suppressor

Mailed: Nov. 19th
Check Cashed: Nov. 25th
Pending: Feb 9th
Approved: Feb 19th
Received stamp: Mar 6th

My dealer said he got another client's stamp before mine, while they had been approved after mine. So, don't forget the good old USPS in your equation.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Madhouse. A friend of mine that has been waiting for an extra 2 months was prompted to actually call the ATF after I showed him that info since he mailed his just a few days after you had.

Turns out the local dealer has had his approved forms since early Feb and never opened their mail.

I'm feeling pretty confident now that I'll get the call in the next few days to pick up my new supp.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts