FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my paper work back for a month on my PS90, but I can't find a short barrel in 1/9 twist anywhere! CMMG says there at least a month out but don't count on it. I've checked Gunbroker .. I even called Bob at FNH USA to see about a P90 barrel but he informed me that it would not work since the receivers are different.

I really don't want to go with a 1/7 twist ... Can anyone give me a hand?

Help!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Keep checking gunbroker is my only suggestion. Maybe one will show up before CMMG's stock is replenished.

Though I'm suprised to hear that a P90 barrel would not work, not that I'd pay the $900 unofficial reserve price the guy wants for his auction if it did.

I figure I'm going to shoot the heavier sub sonic reloads down the road so I put the 1:7 on mine now and am will put on the 1:9 when it comes in.

·
Registered
520 Posts
one word for you:

gunbroker.

two more words for you:

dot

com

they pop up there all the time- differing prices, but they are there. also- a sponsor here, hi desert dog, sometimes advertises barrel shortening services there as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. With CMMG saying that they are weeks out from making another run of 1/9 barrels, I decided to send mine to hi-desertdog to be shortened (I actually sent two). I do the marketing for my local Class III dealer and we sent off two previously cut PS90 barrels. One was 13" long and the other 15". I'll report when we get 'em back.

Also, I'm working on another minor project that I'll report on at the same time.

Thanks again for the advice!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
:? :? 8)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my barrel back from Hi-Desert Dog. Great job on the barrel ... I sent two at the same time, one for me and one for a customer. They did come right hand thread rather than left hand, so the supplied 1/2x28 threaded adapter is proprietary.

I checked it and the supplied adapter is true and indexed with the barrel, so it was ready for my can right out of the box.

These guys are great communicators and did an excellent job. :?

I'm almost done with our new project ... The SRP90, a covert 1/2x28 suppressor adapter and P90 style thread protector combo for PS90 SBR's. Im part of a Class III Dealer in Tennessee, and you should see us soon as a brand new sponsor here (Thanks for all the info Ship!), and I will supply pics and details on this very cool accessory!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Mr Faded Glory said:
Got my barrel back from Hi-Desert Dog. Great job on the barrel ... I sent two at the same time, one for me and one for a customer. They did come right hand thread rather than left hand, so the supplied 1/2x28 threaded adapter is proprietary.

I checked it and the supplied adapter is true and indexed with the barrel, so it was ready for my can right out of the box.

These guys are great communicators and did an excellent job. :?

I'm almost done with our new project ... The SRP90, a covert 1/2x28 suppressor adapter and P90 style thread protector combo for PS90 SBR's. Im part of a Class III Dealer in Tennessee, and you should see us soon as a brand new sponsor here (Thanks for all the info Ship!), and I will supply pics and details on this very cool accessory!
Im jealous!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We are located in Algood, TN. Contact information will appear here soon and our new website should be up within 30 days. I don't want to go into too much detail on our SRP90 Covert Hider until we are a full sponsor on the forum, out of respect to Ship and Therm.

Keep looking for us to appear soon!

Thanks for ALL the interest and PM's!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts