FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help understanding FN. I have owned a number of handguns over the years and was excited to finally add an FN to my collection. Actually, "excited" doesn't truly the anticipation I had while waiting for the FNS 9c to arrive. I love getting three mags. I am impressed with the accuracy and quality of the gun. In fact, every trip to the range makes me wish more and more that I could swap out my new 9c for my current EDC, my XDs 45. That's where I get a little frustrated. How can a company that makes such high quality firearms leave out a critical marketing step? Accessories...! I have been in the business world for a number of years, and I have seen my fair share of corporate blunders. This oversight ranks high on the "Are you kidding me?" list. If you want the average citizen to carry your product, you should make sure that holsters are available at time of release or soon after.
I was very impressed to see another member get invited to the factory after struggling with a new 9c. That was great customer service. If half that much effort was put into accessories, I bet I would be carrying my new weapon. Instead I'm faced with trying to make something myself (not my area of expertise) or sell a nice gun because I don't have room in my collection for a "range only" gun. Some will say that I could use a generic product designed for "one size fits most". My question is, Why should I have to settle?

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Nice find /\

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
If you're looking for hybrid IWB holster's, most any for the standard FNS should work fine. It's usually a matter of finding a company you like and seeing if they make holster's for FN's (I've found a number of holster manufacturer's that I had never heard of that made holster's for FN's. I was looking for holster's for other guns and usually check to see if they make any for FN's)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the help. I realize now that my post above comes off as a bit of a rant. Sorry, it's been a long week. The frustration that has been building comes from my opinion of this great weapon. I really do believe the 9c is a "best of all worlds" contender. And I have some good news... I watched the Hickok45 video on this gun and got the idea to try a Glock 26 hybrid IWB holster. It's not a perfect fit, but it easily good enough to find me carrying my 9c today. Now I can transition from the 12 round mag during the day and the 17 round mag overnight in the nightstand.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got a Blade-Tech IWB soft holster (don't really like it but I have been using it for everyday carry so far) and I got a Blade-Tech OWB kydex (really like this one). When I ordered, I asked them to make the OWB fit the FNS 9C since they make one for the FNS 9. They called me and made it for me.

I also ordered an Alien Gear IWB holster they make for the FNS 9c. Hasn't arrived yet but I'll post my thoughts when it does.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I swear by Alien Gear....they have had every holster i've needed...i kinda like to trade guns....and I know they do carry FN products, I have one for my FNS-40 enroute!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just ordered this from Cook's holsters, good price $52 and based on the reviews they are quality holsters. They smooth the Kydex edges, have adjustable retention, audible "click", lifetime guarantee and the owner has replied to my email within 30 minutes of sending them. A+++ service from them so far. But Bob (Cook's owner) said he doesn't carry the .40 version of the FNS Compact. I know you have a 9 but just some info for others.

IWB Holster w/Adjustable Belt Clip - Cook's Holsters, LLC

You can also check out Foxx holsters. They told me their FNS line fits the compact pistols:

Online Catalog Products

Or check out Edge Works, they have some NICE holsters. But the cant isn't adjustable which is why I went with the Cook's holster:

Edge Works INCOG ECLIPSE

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again for all the help. I actually resolved my issue in two ways - first, I took some advice and tried the 9c in my Foxx IWB hybrid Glock 26 holster as mentioned above. Even better than that solution was the phone call today from the good folks at Old Faithful Holsters (The Foxx is a decent holster, but uses rivots (no changing kydex) and the leather is not as soft as my Old Faithful). I sent them a message because my EDC is an XDs 45 in one of their hydrids. When I bought my hybrid from them in 2013, they offered a "you build it" option that carried a reduced price. My thought was to simply buy the kydex shell for the 9c and use the same leather (it is absolutley broken-in). They called to let me know that they have changed up their configuration a little (the kydex won't match up), apologized for the inconvenience, thanked me again for my service (they offer a Military discount), and explained that they would send out a complete new holster for my XDs as well as the kydex shell for the 9c, all on their dime. Call me loyal, but that is the kind of customer service that locks me in for life!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts