FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever put their slide on wrong? I did. And, the front of the slide was off while the back end was engaged. It took a pretty hard whack from my palm to get it back off, and I'm concerned that the slide was bent in the process. I told this to a buddy of mine who did the same thing on one of his 9mm pistols - he then had numerous and severe slide and feed issues in his gun. I have yet to even fire my Five-seven (ever). Is this something I can get checked out before I fire the gun for the first time?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check for any scrapes, gouges or bends in the slide rails. Then, put it back together correctly and work the slide a little, see if there's any any abnormal resistance. It's normal for the slide travel to be a little stagey, it wont be butter smooth like an M9. Take it slow and see if it hangs up anywhere.

Post some pictures of the inside.

You can have a FiveSeveN in MD? I thought they were getting pretty strick

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I followed your directions for inspection, and then worked the rail back and forth a few times. I think the slight ding in the lower metal rail that I first noticed (it was a little worse than just cosmetic), has now worn smooth after a few hundred rounds).

Sorry for my late reply and thanks.

P.S. In Maryland one can own the pistol and the rifle. The mag restrictions here are the fly in the salve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts