FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since picking this up, I've had some discrepancies on which model it really is.

There are 2 tags on the box, one say USG and the other say IOM.
The pink card inside the box say USG and IOM but the manual is written for the IOM and has an exact picture of my gun.
I thought all the IOM had the rounded trigger guard.

I always thought I had a USG but it's looking more like an IOM.

Can anyone definitively tell me which model I have and what the estimated value may be.

THANKS!!!

Attachments

Reactions: Szange01

·
Premium Member
9,707 Posts
It's an adjustable sight USG.

·
Administrator
12,019 Posts
FN was /is just using old stock manuals and the like to save money. Trust us, it is a USG model. This has been covered at least 100 times on this forum alone. Regardless of what the manual or sticker on the side of the box says, it is a USG model FiveseveN.

See this thread: http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-five-seven/36634-fsn-models.html

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have all of the same info with my USG....trust me...it's a USG (although I wanted to believe it was an IOM)

·
Registered
510 Posts
This thread has been repeated many times.

If you bothered Googling, you wouldn't have created another one.

Have an awesome day!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
If you bothered Googling, you wouldn't have created another one.
Not necessarily so. Something I see all too often now is people do search Google first but they are extremely distrustful of what they find because of the high amount of lies and misinformation littering the web.

I am a Generation X-er and experience has taught me that Googling is not a 100% answer for me for every question.
Generation Y-ers (aka Millenials, which includes Hipsters) are more prone to Google everything and take it as that, but we old fart fogies tend to like to have confirmation from those who have done things first hand.

Im not saying anyone of your generation is inexperienced, just that we old farts are kinda set in our ways and seek first hand experience to validate Google info.

Hell, I embrace technology and its uses in everyday life including the cultural impacts they provide, but my supervisor being a Baby Boomer abhores it and still yells at us for being on our phones even though I am using my phone to do actual work and get projects completed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts