FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A sponsor of this board is making me an adapter to use my GemTech Bilock FH on my FS2000 for my suppressor. I need to remove the factory FH. I believe it is as simple as drilling out the pin but I am not exactly sure what "drilling out the pin" involves. Can someone walk me through removing a pinned FH?
Thanks

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I don't have a FS2000, so I can't offer any advice - but I do know that many people who short barrel their PS90 just cut the barrel instead os drilling that pin that holds the flash hider.

I've heard it can be very tricky. Good luck!

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
dumapus said:
A sponsor of this board is making me an adapter to use my GemTech Bilock FH on my FS2000 for my suppressor. I need to remove the factory FH. I believe it is as simple as drilling out the pin but I am not exactly sure what "drilling out the pin" involves. Can someone walk me through removing a pinned FH?
Thanks
I had a similar application I was working on.

When the gun ban expired I went to work.

My pre-ban M4 had a non-detachable suppressor. In order to attach standard equipment I had a gunsmith remove the permanent suppressor and thread the end of the barrel.

Standard barrel with standard thread....all sorts of options wihtout screwing around!

I would suggest that course of action.

·
Registered
63 Posts
dumapus said:
Thanks
The factory FH is pinned as I am sure you can see by a soft steel pin that goes through a diagonal hole in the FH and holds the FH in place by way of a groove in the barrel itself. You will need a titanium drill bit of about the same size as the pin to drill the pin out remember to drill in at an angle to follow the direction of the pin as it does not go straight in toward the center of the barrel. once you have the pin remooved the FH unscrews in the opposite direction of most threaded devices. The barrel is threaded in 9/16 X 24 left hand threads and the groove that the pin was in is cut into the side of the threaded portion of the muzzle. there is another identical but seemingly useless groove cut into the side of the barrel about an inch back from the threaded portion. if you change the FH you will need to come up with something to cover the barrel in this section to make it look right. Good luck

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - I can be pretty dangerous with a drill when I put my mind to it but I will give it a shot as soon as my new FH gets here. It sounds easy enough. (famous last words........)

ETA after I destroy the threads, I will just have the bbl cut down :)

·
Banned
83 Posts
:grin: Even though this post is a few weeks old , I figured this may help a few. I've taken several flash suppressors off other peoples' FS and here's the way I do it to save the barrel threads.....

I used a dremel tool with the cut off blade, I mount 3 blades on the spindle for thickness and stability. Under a magnified, I slowly cut into the suppressor parallel to the pin. I cut till I'm thru the pin. I then give the suppressor a shot of Kroils penetrating oil and the suppressor simply unscrews, with barrel threads intact. You can get a new suppressor from FN, if you ever want to re install it.
You have to be carefull and slow while performing this operation, but it really is a piece of cake to do.

·
Banned
83 Posts
Wow - great info!
Thanks, on the same topic....different suppressor...If I have a suppressor that is rusted or for some reason plain stuck on the barrel....I use the same dremel setup....BUT ...I run a groove perpendicular to the threads for the lenght of the threads. I cut just short of hitting the threads. Then I place the barrel/suppressor on a vice and pop the groove once with a chisel. That's enough to widen the entire tread diameter on the flash suppressor and the suppressor may now be removed with only slight finger pressure.

The suppressor is trash but the barrel is totally saved and intact including threads and muzzle crown!!!!!!

I've removed numerous suppressors and muzzle nuts this way from FNFAL's to AK's without ruining one barrel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Diameter

Could someone measure the outside diameter of the FS2000 barrel?

Probably have to make a FS2000 specific liner for one of my reflex suppressors to get a tight fit.

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts