FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short; got an FN SPR on a good trade (basically ended up free) with an FG100 serial number (FG105 or FG106 I believe).

The pictures are located here: http://imgur.com/a/o0iCl#0

1. I cannot tell definitively if the barrel is chrome lined or not. The bore looks good, but I don't see any of the normal chrome lining.
2. The person I got it from said it was cut down, the end of the muzzle looks ok, just lightly rough when it was threaded.
3. It's Marked FN SPR, without any other designation, and the barrel is marked us repeating arms co.

My question is this. If for some reason I take it out and it shoots like dogturds, can I have it cut, threaded, and crowned, or am I screwed and need to buy a new barrel?

any advice or questions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
That looks like one of the original A1's. Not sure if that's the original stock though.

Can't tell if it's chrome lined (if it is, it's quite dirty). If it shoots like crap due to chrome flaking or a crappy crown, you can have it cut and re-crowned below where the issue is all the way down to the legal 16" (unless you want to SBR it... which seems kind of stupid to be on a 308 bolt action...).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts