FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am waiting on my new TLR-4G to show up as I type. What I am asking for is if anyone has a TLR-3 or TLR-4 that can tell me which slot you have your laser mounted in. From the pics that i have seen it appears to be in the second slot on the rail from the trigger guard. I am asking because I am also ordering a Kydex holster (KT Defender) that molds their holster according to the firearm and light/laser keyed in a specific location. Also if you know which key you use for mounting that helps too.
:target: :th_sign0009: :th_thanks:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I have owned a FNS-9 for about 6 months now. I purchased a TLR-3 with the weapon. TLR includes several keys with the device and I experimented with several combinations of rail/key placement.

I cannot speak for the TLR-4, but I prefer my TLR-3 to be as far towards the trigger well, as far back from the muzzle, as far to the rear of the weapon as possible. If you are ordering a custom holster, I would recommend placing your TLR on the weapon beforehand. Your preference of placement may be different than mine and obviously, the TLR-4 is not the TLR-3.

With that being said, The TLR-3 on my FNS-9 is using the F key, in the second rail well from the trigger, or the third rail from the muzzle (however you look at things)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts