FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I need help. I enjoy shooting my PS90 except for the fact of the rail and barrel offset issue. This is my set up. On paper it is about a foot difference between the laser or crosshairs and point of impact. If you look closely I have even tried shimming up the back of the rail and it did not help enough. How or what do I do to be able to use the crosshairs and have competition on accuracy with my kids? We like shooting the weapon enough I have thought about and am willing to buy another one if I can fix this issue that kind of ruins the fun for us. Thank you in advance.

P.S I am in Monroe Oregon and I am not sure of the model of my PS90.

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
So you are saying even after adjusting the scope to its limits it is still off by a foot? What distance are you shooting at? What kind of optic is that? If it's a cheap-o like NCStar it is likely a quality control issue with the mount or scope itself.

·
Registered
508 Posts
My guess would be that the scope just wasn't made to compensate for that much offset to the bore at such a short distance. If you are able to sight the scope in fine in another rifle with less offset, I would suggest trying a different optic. If not, the scope is defective and you might be able to get it swapped out for a new one.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
My guess would be that the scope just wasn't made to compensate for that much offset to the bore at such a short distance. If you are able to sight the scope in fine in another rifle with less offset, I would suggest trying a different optic. If not, the scope is defective and you might be able to get it swapped out for a new one.
this is the issue. i would go with a quality red dot site and you will have more fun with the firearm.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm having the same issue as the OP. Saturday, I went to the range (25 yard lane) to zero on a 100 yard target. I used a bore scope and adjusted the Aimpoint Micro T-1 (2MOA) both at the bulls-eye and was 4" to the left. Made adjustments and was 4" to the right. Ended with the center of the target completely untouched. I only pulled the target back once to stick a marking sticker on and sent it back out. Terrible outing for me and only left me frustrated to say the least.

Even more so since I iron sighted another rifle in 20 rounds. I'm not saying I'd appear on the next episode of Top Shot, but hitting a bulls-eye isn't that difficult.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm having the same issue as the OP. Saturday, I went to the range (25 yard lane) to zero on a 100 yard target. I used a bore scope and adjusted the Aimpoint Micro T-1 (2MOA) both at the bulls-eye and was 4" to the left. Made adjustments and was 4" to the right. Ended with the center of the target completely untouched. I only pulled the target back once to stick a marking sticker on and sent it back out. Terrible outing for me and only left me frustrated to say the least.

Even more so since I iron sighted another rifle in 20 rounds. I'm not saying I'd appear on the next episode of Top Shot, but hitting a bulls-eye isn't that difficult.
To be fair it sounds like you are having a different issue than the OP. The OP is unable to adjust the elevation enough to get it within a foot of the bullseye, clearly a limitation of the adjustment range of his optic when used on the PS90. You were able to shoot to the left and right of the bullseye, so it would seem that you either adjusted the windage of the optic too much or maybe the optic is not mounted 100% securely and is moving. The only other possibility that I can think of is human error, but you say that isn't it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Really? I never said there was no margin for error as a result of the human element, rather stated it isn't difficult to hit the bulls-eye. Saturday it was with said firearm, but not another. So, if it helps to say I'm a terrible shot as a result of human error, there I said it...lol :)

Semantics. Zeroing, regardless for windage or elevation is still making adjustments to make sure you can have the chance to improve ones shooting accuracy. Perhaps we should see if adjustments where the scope/optic is mounted for the OP and myself might address these issues. In my situation, the optic was securely mounted to the top rail. I more than double-checked it. Having a time limit on the lane is what chased me out before I could really tackle my issue.

The worse part, I have to go back (darn)...lmao :arrow:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Really? I never said there was no margin for error as a result of the human element, rather stated it isn't difficult to hit the bulls-eye. Saturday it was with said firearm, but not another. So, if it helps to say I'm a terrible shot as a result of human error, there I said it...lol :)

Semantics. Zeroing, regardless for windage or elevation is still making adjustments to make sure you can have the chance to improve ones shooting accuracy. Perhaps we should see if adjustments where the scope/optic is mounted for the OP and myself might address these issues. In my situation, the optic was securely mounted to the top rail. I more than double-checked it. Having a time limit on the lane is what chased me out before I could really tackle my issue.

The worse part, I have to go back (darn)...lmao :arrow:
No offense intended. My point was that no amount of adjusting of the scope will bring the OP on target whereas it sounds like you can be on target with a little more adjustment of the optic.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
The OP's scope is waaay to high. Especially for that range.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Since the scope isn't 12 inches above the bore, *and* the OP has shimmed the rear of the rail, the problem isn't simply a limitation of the scope's range of adjustment.

Either the the scope or its mount is completely jacked up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
No offense intended. My point was that no amount of adjusting of the scope will bring the OP on target whereas it sounds like you can be on target with a little more adjustment of the optic.
Trust me, none taken. It's all good. I figured that human element was a given variable. I'm trying to find time to get back to the range and pick-up where I left off.

OP, have you been able to resolve your issue?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts