FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here she is, folks. Met the seller after work, picked up the Tavor and 9mm kit along with a Surefire M600 Ultra ($75) and Aimpoint Comp M4 ($350). The guy was selling (he needed cash for a good deal on a Perazzi combo) and I was buying as much as my wallet allowed. Seller showed me receipt for both Tavor and 9mm kit; he literally picked them up from LGS the day before. Got the toys home, immediately cleaned the factory gunk off and installed the 9mm kit. Great impression so far. I'll see how she shoots this weekend and post my thoughts here.

Regular dress:

Mini skirt:

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
Nice CPT! Not sure if it will work without some electrical wiring mod but, I've seen other's who have purchased the foregrip switch eliminating any exposed wiring. Looks very nice! :?

Reactions: CPTdaz

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice CPT! Not sure if it will work without some electrical wiring mod but, I've seen other's who have purchased the foregrip switch eliminating any exposed wiring. Looks very nice! :?
I actually have GHW's TMF on back ordered. That should work with the PA light I have on now.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol yep, already ordered as well.

Anyone want to chime in on which suppressors I should look into if I want to attach it on the 9mm barrel? The threading is standard AR, so I would imagine I need an adapter? What cans are people running on their 9mm ARs?

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
That was A HELL OF A DEAL. Congrats, man. My jealousy is actually visible right now...it's a hazy green fog.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that looks sweet

I have octane 9 on order idk how it will work with tavor. Idk yet if Im even going with the 9mm conversion. I probably will get it if I get another tavor and just keep one 9mm and other 556.
Now there's an idea. The conversion kit is definitely not something you can do in field or on the fly, so keeping a dedicated 9mm version might not be a bad idea. For me, it's mostly munition cost consideration.

Looks like Silencerco do sell pistons for 1/2x28 tpi barrels for both Octane and Osprey. Suh-weet

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Interesting.

Nice!!!

Reactions: CPTdaz

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks good. Lots of aftermarket support for this [relatively] new rifle.

Of all of the current commercially available bullpups, the Tavor is currently the prettiest cashier at Walmart.

Not a big fan of bullpups myself but if I had to make a choice it wouldn't be hard.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
I don't even want a tavor but if I ran across a deal that good I would have bought one anyway :-D

Congratulations Daz.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Now there's an idea. The conversion kit is definitely not something you can do in field or on the fly, so keeping a dedicated 9mm version might not be a bad idea. For me, it's mostly munition cost consideration.

Looks like Silencerco do sell pistons for 1/2x28 tpi barrels for both Octane and Osprey. Suh-weet

Ive vey read that with practice I can switch out in 10 min or less--- true??

Your ur tavor is very very nice. Great find.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
lol yep, already ordered as well.

Anyone want to chime in on which suppressors I should look into if I want to attach it on the 9mm barrel? The threading is standard AR, so I would imagine I need an adapter? What cans are people running on their 9mm ARs?
I hope to pickup a 9mm kit too-- will use Octane 45 on it, there is rumor that the tavor will also have a 300 black out kit. --I hope to use the octane with that, as I actually hope to have the black out more than the 9mm and the same suppressor will run on both. In 5,56 gonna use the m4200 by AAC or I can use the sdn762. If your wanting to run suppressed get the gear head work flex swivel to avoid the "tavor face" I can find it on bullpup

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ive vey read that with practice I can switch out in 10 min or less--- true??

Your ur tavor is very very nice. Great find.
Yes you can do it in 10 min or under even if you rush it. But there are a lot of steps in there where rushing would increase the risk of damaging the rifle so I personally would not try to break any time record when changing it out. It took me about 30 min but I was cleaning both kits out at the same time.

Reactions: Troublesx10
1 - 20 of 36 Posts