FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has tried Hexmag magazines in their Scar 16.

If so, what are your thoughts on them.

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Stick with OEM!
Or Lancer AWM (I've been running them along with Fussil since before they were cool) :mrgreen:

I'm not seeing anything with Hexmag magazines that would make me run them over the Gen3 Pmag.

Just my .02

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
90 Posts
I emailed Hexmag the other day, they said they do fit and will cycle but won't drop free like the NATO magazines do. I thought they looked sweet and it was cool that they were a little cheaper than the PMAGs and stock ones but for ~$4 wasn't worth the risk of damaging the bolt. Just my $.02 (from a noob)

·
Registered
57 Posts
My buddy brought some to the range for his M4. I tried them in my SCAR 16 and they wouldn't drop free. The hot spokesmodel for Hex mags stated they don't drop free as well. HexMags+SCAR16= Epic FAIL.

Use modified PMAGS, USGI or OEM.

Craig

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you want a steel mag you'll be hard pressed to find higher quality for any less. The cheaper option is E-Lander steel mags which took more than several revisions to get right (if they even did) or HK steel mags which retail in the $60 range.
CDNN is or was blowing out HK 30rd steel NATO mags for $40/ea this weekend.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My main concern with the Hex mag isnt the drop free part but in-fact the question of if the Bolt Hold device pops up like it does with the M2 mags. I wonder if any one has tested them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts