FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the FAL world. Lurked here for a few days and really liked the vibe so I became a member. I'm in a transaction for my first FAL and I hope to be happy with it. I have a thread out requesting assistance on identifying parts, but so far I'll keep reading to avoid the newbiness that most newbs do. I'm in no way a forum newb at all, just a newb here and to this platform. Thanks and I look forward to chatting it up.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You might want to check out the FAL files also. Lots of FAL enthusiasts there, but hang out a while here. You might just become a SCAR enthusiast also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, fellas. I tried registering for the falfiles, however their mods haven't approved my account for a while. Also, there doesn't seem to be much info there or at least not in the pending state of my account.

Falfiles also seems to have more an OT style vibe. I see some of that here, but most members seem to be respectful.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: anbu_yoshi

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey! Cool name, Akita. On a side note, I'm looking into owning a Shiba-Inu or a Korean Jindo. Researching away. My other little dog is getting old and lonely so she could use a little young pup to liven her up.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Hey! Cool name, Akita. On a side note, I'm looking into owning a Shiba-Inu or a Korean Jindo. Researching away. My other little dog is getting old and lonely so she could use a little young pup to liven her up.
Thanks! We've talked about getting a Shiba (it would be nice having the compact version), but we'll probably get another Akita. She's been a great dog. For now, the cats give her lots of company...whether she wants it or not.

Reactions: anbu_yoshi

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
:th_653: Welcome to the FN Forum! Let us know how your FAL deal goes. If I was your financial adviser I would recommend never visiting this site again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:th_653: Welcome to the FN Forum! Let us know how your FAL deal goes. If I was your financial adviser I would recommend never visiting this site again.

I'm already looking for a Five-seveN :(

I'm a Sig Sauer, CZ kind of guy. I've owned several Sigs: 1911, Sig P226, P229, P228, P239, P224. I've retained the P224 .40/.357Sig, P228 9mm, and P229R BTFO .40/.357Sig. CZ 2075 RAMI Manual Safety, 2075 BD RAMI, 75D P-01. I've retained the RAMI BD.

For long guns, I own an AR Carbine variant/mutt creature. Basically a Phase5 lower mated to a DPMS Oracle upper. Fixed carbine stock and other lego parts. I own a Winchester SXP Defender with ATI pistol grip stock. I may switch back to the regular stock or use the ATI Akita stock.

This will be my first FN. I thought I could get away from gun purchases, but now the addition continues. What bugs me is the desire to want a HK series pistol that I don't need over even aesthetically enjoy. I may even need the ugly tupperware Glock that I hate so much for training.

Woes.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts