FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning...first post!

I have a Browning Hi Power manufactured in 1981 in Belgium. I recently purchased it locally, it had Hogue grips which are fine for shooting, but I'm looking to purchase a OEM set. E-pay-alot has several different types.

What would be correct? Brown Wood, Brown Plastic or Black Plastic?

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I purchased a used 1981 Alloy Frame High Power a couple years ago. It came with checkered black plastic grips with the cutout for a lanyard loop. I believe they are also available without the lanyard cutout but I'm not seeing any for sale today.

An example of the set I have is at this link.

Having no desire to "restore" the pistol to it's original configuration, the lanyard loop was removed and the pistol has been completely redone including mating the frame to an FM Detective Slide Kit with added night sights. It now is my EDC pistol and sports a set of LOK Roughneck Grips in Gray/Black. I like the fairly aggressive texture.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TNorris - thanks for responding. I picked up a set of those grips at a gun show a few weeks ago. My Hi Power does not have the lanyard loop and it appears to have never had one. These grips look beter than the ones that were on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts