FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all hi power wooden stocks compatible with FN/Browning Hi Power with Vector machined groove? Canadian, European, Chinese? Will they all fit?
New (Again) to Hi Power family. Previously owned Nickel Adj. Sight in 1980's while working @ CCSD in Missouri.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Tread very lightly here! According to the BATFE Firearms Curios or Relics List (which unfortunately won't let me copy and paste), a Belgian pistol and only have an original Belgian manufactured stock, and a Canadian pistol can only have an original manufactured Canadian stock, to be exempted from the NFA. A mismatch or a Chinese reproduction stocks will create a Short Barreled Rifle.

Wish I could find a Belgian stock for the HP my Dad brought back, but that's like finding a chicken with a toothache!

Reactions: Burgs

·
Registered
272 Posts
felon's friend.jpg

If you choose to put non-original stock on your Tangent Hi Power, you should stock up on these first, as you will be needing them...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tread very lightly here! According to the BATFE Firearms Curios or Relics List (which unfortunately won't let me copy and paste), a Belgian pistol and only have an original Belgian manufactured stock, and a Canadian pistol can only have an original manufactured Canadian stock, to be exempted from the NFA. A mismatch or a Chinese reproduction stocks will create a Short Barreled Rifle.

Wish I could find a Belgian stock for the HP my Dad brought back, but that's like finding a chicken with a toothache!
Hi Doug, go over to Simpson LTD, he has them but not cheap. I have no relation to them other than as a customer, regards, Mike

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Doug, go over to Simpson LTD, he has them but not cheap. I have no relation to them other than as a customer, regards, Mike
Thanks, but those are reproductions. To be exempt from the NFA it must be an original. Not worth the risk.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My first year of production Belgian Army issue Hi Power is milled with a rear sight for issue with a shoulder holster and a reproduction was offered me, however after checking with ATF i concluded the holster must be original in order to comply with the curio exemption. I read a letter posted online where repro’s would be ok but my source at ATF indicated the letter applied to that individual and holster only and is not a blanket approval.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Doug ,here is mine all original including "patina" Mike

Very nice Uncle Mike!

I just joined this forum. I have a 1944 Chiang Kai-shek special with a Canadian-marked SA shoulder stock from 1945. People have told me this is legit.
I still also need a front metal attachment part for this original wood. Local gunsmiths have told me that I could use a repro because the intent is to repair not build a new one.

Any comments on that? Anyone know that statement to be false?

The Inglis is dead black finish with Chinese markings on it which I plan to get translated. It came with two barrels, one normal length, the other about 1.5 inches longer.
Can't ask the guy who sold it to me, he has passed.
Any and all help appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Uncle Mike,
Do you have a more complete address for Simpson? Maybe I can get get original replacement parts.
Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just received a letter from ATF indicating those pistols previously exempted as curio and relic can be used with reproduction stocks that imitate the original design for that pistol. They did not go into further detail on stocks currently available for purchase.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Can you post the letter? Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Doug, I will photo it after daylight and post a copy, mostly it is old rhetoric but toward the end they do answer my question......kinda.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Norton.com/setup provides you the best protection against cyberthreats defending your computer against viruses, malware,trojans, and rootkits.With its powerful features,Norton is one of the bestproviders ofcybersecurity software.
554056-norton-secure-vpn-logo-1.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts