FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoy Hickok45's videos and just saw his FS2000 review posted June 16, 2013. He tries to not like it since he's not big on bullpups but can't get there. One thing interesting, when he field strips it you can see the front face of the hammer for a moment and it looks like it has been metalized. Has anyone seen this before? Is it something third party or direct from FNH? Does it give some benefit? Serial number of the gun he is testing is 052504.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neu-Trigger?
No. Not Neu-Trigger. I have that on one of my hammer packs so I know what that looks like. This was the front face of the hammer. The part of the hammer that strikes the firing pin. Go to YouTube and search for "Hickok45 FS2000". It's about half way through the video when he field strips the thing.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can u post tue link for the shoot on this page so we can all watch the same video you are talking about?
He's stripping it around 02:15 into the video. You can see what I'm talking about on the hammer at about the 02:50 mark. I keep trying to convince myself it is a trick of the light or some such but do not think so. Hope someone can tell me what it is.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
No metal, just grease/grime on the top of the hammer. Mine looks like that too.....

2:57 exactly.....

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
I think it is a reflection. I have the neutrigger on mine and it sits on the where the hammer rests and hold in the swing phase behind hammer.

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
Combination of carbon and lubricant.

-It's dirty.

And yes, it's a polymer hammer.

Took him long enough to review the 2K, didn't it? Better late than never I guess...

-SS

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Combination of carbon and lubricant.

-It's dirty.

And yes, it's a polymer hammer.

Took him long enough to review the 2K, didn't it? Better late than never I guess...

-SS
Thanks all. Appreciate the input. I could see that it looked like a standard Gen 2 polymer hammer but that "metalized" face was throwing me. I couldn't imagine what benefit metalizing the front face would give. A completely stainless steel hammer with a reduced strength hammer spring would be another matter entirely! :new3_sign_goodidea:

The light must be hitting it funny because my hammer doesn't look anything like that after shooting. At least I don't have a thick consistent film of grease and carbon like that, more like spotty streaks. I think he said in the video that he had shot only 3 magazines or so. Wonder how many went before that at the dealer...

Thanks again for sorting it out for me.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice post!!! :?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts