FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I received the LE price list from HDD; the question is with all the negative customer service reviews and long wait times-do previous customers of HDD suggest making the purchase from them for a couple of 17's? Prices seem fair? Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
The choice is ultimately up to you, but if it were me I would not. They didn't get all of those negative reviews just by chance. The question you need to ask yourself is, "Do I want to go through the same crap as those people that gave the negative reviews?" I'd wait for a better option....:th_002:

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I've only ordered FN OEM SCAR parts from them, and delivery time was over a month.

I only order from them if they are the only vendor to have what I want in stock.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I ordered a modified houge grip from them and it took about a week and a half to two weeks at least to receive my order.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your comments/advice. As per the reviews I read through the search I presumed I would generate the responses received. Don't think HDD is for me. Thanks for the help and enjoy the weekend everyone.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Glad to help this is what this form is intended for.Look locally you might be surprised what you can find.It is always good to support local business first.Help keep food on your neighbors plate.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
And, the ony things I buy from HHD are SCAR parts, because it's slim pickings out there for them (Stryker and MGW being the only other options). HHD does actually have lower prices on the small parts, where as MGW every small part is $5.

But you'll wait a couple of weeks or a month until ou get it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I paid for half of a SCAR 17 and a half of a FNX45 the first week of January. I have yet to receive either yet and Brett has stopped responding to emails. I'm not far from taking a road trip to the great state of Nevada if I don't at least get a f**king response soon. This is the last time I will pay up front for a gun I may never get.

·
Registered
284 Posts
2-15-2013 -- I placed an order with HDD for small SCAR accessories / order confirmation received

2-22-2013 -- Email from HDD stating / order is complete, will arrive shortly

3-5-2013 -- I requested order status update information

3-7-2013 -- HDD reply e-mail recieved stating / Shipping is about 3 weeks behind, will have this order in hand by the end of the week of 3-16-13 / sorry for the delay

3-20-2013 --I request additional order status update to determine if order is lost in transit or, longer shipping delay.

3-20-2013 -- HDD reply email received stating / ETA of order will be on 3-25-2013 or 3-26-2013

3-23-2013 -- ORDER RECEIVED - US Postal Service - Priority Mail

HDD does have lots of desired items and services.. If you can wait..

I'm VERY happy with the ordered items despite the shipping delays.

Thanks, HDD

·
Registered
266 Posts
HDD is pretty much a 1 man operation with a few employees. With everything that has been going on, I am sure it is pretty overwhelming for him and most gun related businesses these days. I have ordered a few things and Brett has always done right by me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It boils down to this, HDD is a small operation with limited capabilities. They carry products we all like but may or may not have it in stock or its back ordered for months.

The customer service is not what it could be. I usually side with the small business but in this case it's a lack of prodessional in regards to communication, customer service & and timely delivery days

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just a followup, HDD emailed today and said my order "could" be here anytime. I'm actually ok with that response. At least its a response. ;)

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UCPOPO,

Thanks for the update although I'm not sure what anytime really means? I give them 1/2 credit for the follow up. Please let us know when you receive your order "anytime" you might get it. I do appreciate your follow up and thank you.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Moderators, I am both satisfied and appreciative for the responses if you wanted to close this thread. Thank you all for your help/advice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I talked to Brett, and conversed through email. These guys were very responsive to my emails and phone calls. They were honest in telling me they were not actually going to be taking any more deposits for SCAR 17S due to order volume and existing commitments. They did put me on the list to call/contact when they "see the light of day" on their existing orders. These guys are in business just like everyone else... Demand is outstripping supply, if guns were available I'm sure they would love to sell one to you or me. This is the same story everywhere so all we can do is to wait for the guns to arrive and be ready to buy. Problem is... and I know guys who are doing it! They want to buy guns at LE/mil price and flip them on Gunbroker for a profit. I do believe this is illegal (not an expert) but it is killing the guys who actually want one for personal or duty use.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
:th_vote_no:

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
See what SgtStrykerUSMC43 can do, everyone is going to have a stock issue.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts