FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a sickness I tell ya! I bought yet another AR on impulse.

:shock:

This seemed like a good deal, so I grebbed it up. It must've been, based on the activity on the for sale thread after my post. I met the guy this morning and picked it up.

He had put a box of ammo through it, basically new. Looks like a solid mil-spec rifle, I'll have to hit the range soon and see how it shoots.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Excellent choice Madhouse! Don't forget to post up some pics when you get a chance.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
My brother had one last year. He liked and had no problems at all. Enjoy!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I thought the title said Hi Point for a second. Now that is a great gun to buy on impulse!! :p

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ICM856 said:
Excellent choice Madhouse! Don't forget to post up some pics when you get a chance.
Hey, so I check your coords, do you actually live on those baseball fields?

:)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Make sure to check the staking on the gass carrier key.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Madhouse said:

LOL no, those coordinates hit pretty close to the center of the town where I live. :cool:

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Madhouse said:
ICM856 said:

I'd say he has a tent set up in those trees :lol:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Madhouse said:
Nice WD external hd(500 gigs?)...what kind of monitor is that? Umm...I tried to use break free and I HATED IT! Hops cleans my guns in half the time for me. W/e works for you of course.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL, yup, 500GB - great for movies.

That's a MAG 19" widescreen.

I use Break Free exclusively on my guns, to clean and protect.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those are great pics, and they make me wonder if I really knew what good was. I still say the staking looks good on this, I'll post pics tonight if I get the chance. Now I need to go look at my bushmaster though, the bushy pics in that thread didn't look so good...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Those look like guide marks for someone to come along and stake them.

I've personally seen AR's with "staking" like that turn into expensive straight pull single shots when the gas carrier key works loose and you don't get any gas pressure.

A decent smith should be able to stake them, use the pictures in the link I provided as a guide.

One of the big reasons people make a deal about this (beyond the reliablity issue), is that it's really a super easy thing to do as they're being assembled, but most commercial companies don't.

I could go on and on, but I honestly don't want to crap on your new toy.

New toys rock....just get the key staked.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts