FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows if the HK pistol grip for the MR556/MR762 will fit the SCAR17? I know there are other aftermarket SCAR grips out there, but the HK grips are so comfy and fit the hand nicely. Thanks for any insight!!
Glove Font Metal Fashion accessory Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yep to what Lester said. Take a piece of card stock, like a business card, and lay it onto the grip tang of an AR. Trim carefully to get the card to match the grip tang of the AR exactly. Then lay that card on to the SCAR grip tang. Pencil a line on to the SCAR tang to cut the SCAR tang down to match the AR's. Then you can grind or file the SCAR tang down to match the AR's grip tang size. This method worked great for me. I ground off the majority of the extra tang on my SCAR and then finished with a file. Now I can use any AR grip on my SCAR.

Bonus note: If you want to use an AR grip with a thumb web fin (I don't know what else to call it. The hook shape on the top rear of some grips.) and it doesn't fit well - Put the top of the grip into boiling water for a minute. That will soften the material and it will conform to the shape of the SCAR lower. Then tighten quickly before it cools. It worked great for the MFT Engage grip I'm using ENGAGE AR15/M16 Pistol Grip Version 2

·
Registered
364 Posts
I did the same thing as Kansas on both my 17 and 20 and as he said any AR grip will fit. I use the Ergo deluxe on all my toys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep to what Lester said. Take a piece of card stock, like a business card, and lay it onto the grip tang of an AR. Trim carefully to get the card to match the grip tang of the AR exactly. Then lay that card on to the SCAR grip tang. Pencil a line on to the SCAR tang to cut the SCAR tang down to match the AR's. Then you can grind or file the SCAR tang down to match the AR's grip tang size. This method worked great for me. I ground off the majority of the extra tang on my SCAR and then finished with a file. Now I can use any AR grip on my SCAR.

Bonus note: If you want to use an AR grip with a thumb web fin (I don't know what else to call it. The hook shape on the top rear of some grips.) and it doesn't fit well - Put the top of the grip into boiling water for a minute. That will soften the material and it will conform to the shape of the SCAR lower. Then tighten quickly before it cools. It worked great for the MFT Engage grip I'm using ENGAGE AR15/M16 Pistol Grip Version 2
Thank you for the response and info! Lol, i'm worried i'll damage my SCAR so I might try filing down the inside of the grip first! And thank you for the info about putting the grip in boiling water to make it fit better!(y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts