FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys on HKpro say the SCAR 16 is NOT MOA with FGMM ammo.. Please chime in with your personal experiences and if possible pictures of Targets or ?? whatever you can showing consistent MOA or better. Please help me knock some sense into these HK coolaid drinkers!!

Thank You! !

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sure they're gonna bad mouth the Scar, it's an HK forum! I drank the Kool-Aid and asked for more when I purchased my 17. I also own HK's BTW. My personal conviction is that a gun is only as accurate as the shooter. Obviously, they can't shoot and they're full of :Blah:

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Ok HK guys, whatever makes you feel better about paying more for your toys.

·
Registered
876 Posts
You can't knock sense in to someone who's an idiot. The Scar 16, HK 416/ MR556, HK G36, and any quality AR-15 all shoot similar groups. They will all hit a beer bottle at 100yds. One day the Scar16 might shoot a tighter group the next day the HK MR556 will shoot a tighter group. It comes down to the bullets and weather. I own or have owned them all so I know WTF i'm talking about. The only .25 MOA 223/556 I own is a custom build off a Remington 700 action with a Krieger Heavy-Bull Target 26" 1:12 twist barrel and don't shoot anything over 50 grains. Lastly i'm sorry but I don't/won't post pictures of targets I've shot since they were taken on my phone and it imbeds the GPS location and other info. I don't want people to know where I shoot since it's private land and have had issues in the past. Which is extremely crappy telling a bunch of people who all have loaded guns to leave and not come back. Then they come back and you have to threaten them with a trespassing arrest. Oh and they were drinking/drunk on both encounters.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Guys on HKpro say the SCAR 16 is NOT MOA with FGMM ammo.. Please chime in with your personal experiences and if possible pictures of Targets or ?? whatever you can showing consistent MOA or better. Please help me knock some sense into these HK coolaid drinkers!!

Thank You! !
How can a SCAR be a MOA gun with that chrome lined barrel, missing 2 extra lbs of support weight and lack of a plastic port cover.... obviously SCARs are just toys or they would have a big white warning billboard to let you know you have a real mans firearm! :D

Reactions: SFL and Scars4us

·
Registered
735 Posts
You might try checking out some of the reloading discussion. I've seem some nice groups from folks on here...

Reactions: Scars4us

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Ok HK guys, whatever makes you feel better about paying more for your toys.
Lol...while I do love me some HK stuff (P7 and HK45 pistols) I do laugh at some of the stuff they post on that forum. And heaven forbid you try to compare anything to their beloved firearms. Especially their rifles. I'll stick with my 17 thank you, and I have been considering adding a 16 to the stable for the Mrs.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I would ignore them... If the SCAR put 100 rounds through the same hole at 100 meters it still wouldn't change their minds!

"Some people think cucumbers taste better pickled"

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Ask them how they like their fluted chamber destroying brass. Sucks for the reloaders.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Yo dude! Why you flapey mouth the Scar. I mean yo! Just BMW yo self and clip the trip wit da smit...High 5 da hood smoh! Welcome To Frutia.
Now you in my hood fool....

·
Banned
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I shoot Both also, and plenty of other 5.56/7.62 guns. One person had what the guy was saying right "The SCAR has a chrome lined barrel". He was trying to say the best he ever got was 2moa I told him he better check on here as I personally know a bunch of people getting sub MOA groups consistently. He said he checked here and it proved him right. Yeah, some get sooo stuck they can't see beyond.. Thank you all, I now have a direct link to toss up there, not that it will change anything..

·
Registered
196 Posts
Lol...while I do love me some HK stuff (P7 and HK45 pistols) I do laugh at some of the stuff they post on that forum. And heaven forbid you try to compare anything to their beloved firearms. Especially their rifles. I'll stick with my 17 thank you, and I have been considering adding a 16 to the stable for the Mrs.
Can't get into the rifles due to the price. Love my HK pistols! However, over there they say the HK Match trigger is friggin amazing! Uh, guys...it's not mediocre, but it's far from being the best thing since sliced bread. Any respectable gunsmith could make a better double action than HK's match trigger.

I don't know why people care what others think. Blind loyalty to one brand over another makes no sense.
Always have the right tool for the right job. Lots of brands make the right tools for the right jobs...

·
Registered
232 Posts
So far I'd say that this thread is poor if you want backup for your arguments.

You need to do actual research and look for the reloading threads here. Those are the ones with targets and specific loads that show that while the SCAR is capable of sub moa, most of us average shooters are lucky to get 1.5MOA because of the human factor.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts