FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot my new P30L today. Jammed EVERY mag. ALWAYS jammed on the last round of the mag, and at least 1x in the middle of the mag, if not more.

Owner of the gunstore/gun range and the instructor shot it - worked fine for them. Shooting 1 handed - it did the same thing finally for the instructor. It seems to be VERY easy to limpwrist. I was pissed.

I have never limpwristed a handgun in my life.

I actually brought it in for them to ship back - as that is where i bought it. But, they offered to try it out... After seeing them shoot it fine, I can see that the gun won't work for me.

I wasn't hitting either side slide release. And, I have never limp wristed a gun before. But apparently, you have to hold it VERY, VERY tightlyto keep it from happening

In all total, I've probably owned 30+ handguns in my time. Never had this issue before. Tried 3 different brands of ammo too.

I ended up trading it in. I lost a little over $100 - but I wasn't sure if I could honestly sell it to someone with what was happening.

So, I got a little cash back and got a new Beretta 92FS. It turned out to be an expensive Beretta. But, that was my next purchase.

I almost upgraded to a new HK45c - however, the ambi slide release had that plumb color, and I didn't care for that.

Oh well..

I still have 3 HKs now. I still want that HK45c I think - but I may forgot the P2000 after my experience with the P30L...

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought these grips from someone pretty cheap recently - it was a paint job they had done. It was less than $9.

What do U think? Trying to decide if I like them or not...

·
Registered
910 Posts
imschur said:
Hmmm its January and "No more guns in 2009" for Shipwreck

I got April 15th if we start a pool :lol:

:eek:
Do we have a winner here? :-D

The painted grips... as is they seem out of place

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SirOssis said:
imschur said:
Hmmm its January and "No more guns in 2009" for Shipwreck

I got April 15th if we start a pool :lol:

:eek:
Do we have a winner here? :-D

The painted grips... as is they seem out of place
This was DEFINITELY not planned. I was very disappointed.

If everyone had been having the same trouble - I would have kept trying to break it in and/or send it back to HK. But when I saw it was just me, even after they put many mags thru it... I was destined for doom.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Lose your HK bug?

The Beretta with the painted grips is unique. I'd be temted to paint the rest of the gun as well. I kinda like 'em.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I like those grips. :?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
djv38 said:
Lose your HK bug?

The Beretta with the painted grips is unique. I'd be temted to paint the rest of the gun as well. I kinda like 'em.
I think I still want the HK45c.. But yea... it altered my other planned HK purchases a bit.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Another sold gun - geesh
You jump in and out of guns so quick if I don't read the board every day I think i may miss a purchase/sale

the grips are fugly - and if they are hand painted they may look a little getto up close.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wlcohen said:
any new trades today :? :eek:
No, not yet :p

I still got a credit card to pay off. So, it will be a while, despite what just happened.

I wasstill planning to buy a Beretta near the end of this year - I just didn't have plans for that new HK to suck.

I ordered another Bladetech holster, and I will rotate between my USPc 45 and the Beretta 92 as my carry guns.

Sometimes next year, I may have the Beretta NP3'd

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I didn't have any single issue out of any of my H&Ks :cool:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Sucks about the P30- that is one I have been eyeing.

As far as he grips go, they seem to have just a touch of ghey in them. I would stick with the black. :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts