FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice.

I'm working on a trade that involves a Grade A "P7E".

I've wanted a P7 for a long time, specically I was watching for a P7M8 because it had an "American style" mag release. But I really have nothing against European mag releases, in fact I carry my P232 sometimes and it has one.

I'm not sure I would ever carry a P7 unless it's value was in the 700 dollar range. If it is worth 1500 or so it would be a range gun or safe queen.

Anyway... I'm trying to put a "value" to this guys P7E but info seems a little scarce out there on them. Wiki says... it's basically a P7PSP but is a limited run with different markings. Does this really effect it's value?

There are a bunch of P7PSP's coming into the States this month (see link) This says 750.00...

http://onpointsupply.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=65827&subs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_P7

The owner wants a trade value of 1200.00 for it. What do ya'll think?

TA

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I hate to direct U to another forum - but hkpro is probably the place to ask. If U are not registered there - registration can be a problem. So, U may want to head to HandgunForum and ask - It is easier to register there.

There are several owners of that gun at HandgunForum too, so they might be able to tell U.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The early P7's have collectable value as do the later P7M8 series. The P7E will be slightly more than a standard PSP. However, if you plan on carrying it the overall wear that will occur will seriously degrade the value.

I have a P7M8 that is in new condition. However, I will never use it as a carry weapon primarily because of its value. Secondarily because the M8 series has the mag release in such a way as to cause issues with holsters.

Will say that if we find a PSP in good condition for a good price we'll pick it up and it will probably become my wife's carry weapon.

She shoots the P7M8 extremely well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts